Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi Steve

[:|] oops

Sorry I was keeping an eye on this for you and I haven`t but yes we have 1 in stock

Do you want me to put your name on it?

Sarah

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Remind you Steve , I never even told you in the first place...

£165.00 + VAT for The Carbonio and £67.50 + VAT for the fitting

All in £273.19 and no charge for the brew [:D]

Hop that helps

Sarah

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Tylerama,

OI would give it a shot but I believe the Carbonio is not a direct fit, as there is no CAI in the range for the V5. Sarah and Awresome will be using a V6 4mo CAI and adapting it to fit......

Thanks for the input though always appreciate it from fellow members......

Steve

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sarah can you or one of your minions (thought you'd like that!!!) advise how difficult it is to fit the carbonio for a rank amateur? If it's a simple job then I can pick it up on the way home tonight.

Otherwise I may have to wait until next week.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Steve

I would say that the instructions are fantastic

So I would think that you could possibly do it , why not have a try?

If you fail , let us know and we can fit you in.

The only other thing I will say is dont tighten it too much as it can crack the carbon fibre which is the most expensive bit.

Just think how good it will make you feel if you can do it yourself?

Up to you mate

Sarah

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Sarah,

May just have a go, but isn't there a difference in the connection diameters? If I come down tis afternoon can you or one of your guys talk me through the connection adaption?

Thanks,

BTW tea one please..... [:p]

Steve

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi Steve

Tea one , sur I will try that for you ;)

I can also see if there is a guy about to help you with the fitting , I can also show you the instructions on it too

OK?

Sarah

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Sarah,

Think this arrived whilst I was cruising eimens Road looking for you, (That just sounds wrong!!!)

It was nice to meet you and the banter was as good as the service, so you'll definitely be seeing me again.......(Less of the booo's at the back there!)

If 'm not too confident fitting the kit I'll see you on Friday, so keep the kettle warm!

BTW the rims I'm looking for are on this link for SW Tyres Ebay shop:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&item=270044807343&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Hope you can help otherwise I'm driving into southern Shandy drinking land!!!

ta

Steve

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Oi! Down here in SW land, IE Cornwall, there is no such thing as shandy! Its all the local Cornish Ale and strange murky coloured stuff!!??!

Nice wheels by the way!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tell me about the strange Murky stuff, I steward a bar and all the guest ale that comes from down there, looks like it's been lovingly filtered through a pair of still worn tights.........! [:p]

Yeah looking at getting these if Sarah can source, otherwise I'll be heading downthere sooner than I think!!!! Just the thought of drinking that stuff on a stop-over bleurgh! definitely an accustomed taste...

[:)]

Prawny

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Sarah,

Just like to say thanks again for the help.. and the brew, now to get everyone else to bring cream cakes!!! [:p]

Thanks for the wonderful service, the sound from the V5 on the way back up the M6 was what a V5 should sound like!!!

I will be having those alloys from you as well as a Milltek exhaust but need to sort out the rear valance for now

Thanks again for the company and service. [:)]

Steve

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi Steve

Not a problem mate , bring the cakes again and I will do my best ;)

Thank you mate

Glad you like it , they do sound rather nice dont they?

Give me a shout when your ready for the wheels and I will get them sorted for you

Sarah

1 - 19 of 19 Posts