Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally fitted my Carbonio this morning. Went out for a drive, and it was so loud I thought I had forgotten to fit something. Checked everything, but it all seems fine. There are no parts left over, and all the clamps are tight.

Does anyone else's sound this loud?

I expected more noise, but I didn't expect the dump sound to echo off the surrounding buildings...[:(]

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Hey Sparrow you just beat me to it. Had my Carbonia fitted yesterday evening and thought there was something wrong with it because of the sound.

Forget Dump Valves everyone, Carbonia rocks

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
They sound very loud when you first fit them. It's either that they quieten down, or you get used to it, I'm not sure which.

You'll either love the sound, or hate it. I love mine.

They're not intrusive when cruising, but growl,pssht when giving it some.

·
Registered
792 Posts
If it's not for you and you fancy selling it PM me [:)]
I've got an Evolution CAI for sale if you want to buy it, sounds the same as the carbonio, just made of plastic, only done about 450 miles on it. VWSpeed sell them for ?149.99

Posted Image

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Having now had it on for a day, it is not as intrusive as I first thought. It's much louder outside the car than in, which is not the way it used to be.
Went fora drive with my girlfriend, and she couldn't hear any difference with the windows closed. So much happier than I was.

Next up is to get some runs in at the pod and also get it on the rollers to see if it is any better.

All in all, [Y]

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Where is the cheapest place to buy a Carb at the moment?
Probably Awesome gti mate. I don't think there are any other uk dealers for them, and by the time you've added shipping it etc from the USA, I doubt there will be a saving. I'm going to be getting one soon, they sound excellent.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can certaily get induction kits for the V5, but you won't get the loud psshhht noise, that's from the turbo.

Should make that engine sound really nice though, a lot more throaty.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts