Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys first of all I fitted it the other day ( well tried) Bought it form awesome. The only problem was that I was missing a hose clamp. I have been in a foul mood for the past few days because of it. Went down to a local motor shop today and got a clamp.

I have fitted it but am not getting the whoosh noise I hear people get. I know I have a non turbo car But Sarah said that I would still get it.

What do you reckon. I think I have mounted the filter to far up which is causing a lack of air going into the engine.

Any ideas??

Posted Image

·
Registered
21 Posts
they sound pretty woosh-tastic to me, and my custom cai is fairly loud also

edit: sorry just reread its fitted to an NA motor....lol disregard the above! if you want turbo sound buy a turbo

·
Registered
21 Posts
yeah sorry must be abit dippy today

sorry fella, but its not really gonna happen since its the sound of the dv bellowing through the intake pipe...its not really something you can emulate

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Awesomes reply aside, it's the DV dumping air back into the intake which creates the pssstttt (or whoosh) noise.
You will only get an induction roar on a NA car, nothing else.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Right guys first of all I fitted it the other day ( well tried) Bought it form awesome. The only problem was that I was missing a hose clamp. I have been in a foul mood for the past few days because of it. Went down to a local motor shop today and got a clamp.

I have fitted it but am not getting the whoosh noise I hear people get. I know I have a non turbo car But Sarah said that I would still get it.

What do you reckon. I think I have mounted the filter to far up which is causing a lack of air going into the engine.

Any ideas??

Posted Image
Hey Dale,

My V5 doesn't give the 'whoosh' sound, just a small sucking sound before the V5 burble blocks it out.........IMHO the noise from the engine between 3-4k revs when you nail it is fantastic, but no whoosh...

Prawny

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Induction roar on N/A engines - yes. Forced induction woosh errr... no. The sound you hear on a 1.8T is the air being literally sucked above atmospheric pressure, into the turbo inlet, which then reverberates back out through the open air filter. As you can imagine this isn't the case with N/A engines - Air is drawn into the engine slightly above atmospheric pressure but no where near the levels required to generate an audible woosh sound.

I had a Carbonio fitted to my R32. It would rasp at low revs and roar at high revs, but never ever gave of a woosh sound.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'm not having a moan about awesome or anything but my carboinio was also missing a hose clamp?!

Wasnt a problem really just a pain having to drive all the way to halfords with it not fixed on 100% to go and get another one!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I'm not having a moan about awesome or anything but my carboinio was also missing a hose clamp?!

Wasnt a problem really just a pain having to drive all the way to halfords with it not fixed on 100% to go and get another one!
Which is why its always a good idea to check you have all the bits you need before starting a job!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeh but mate to be fair you would think that you would have all the parts you need when you spend ?204 on something........right??

Wwhen you spend that kind of money you dont expect to go back and have to order something is missing.

I have it sorted now anyway.

Dale

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know what you mean I had to take my mums car to go get one

Awesome are great dont get me wrong, they sorted it that day. But its just gutting

Dale

·
Registered
11 Posts
hello

anyone fitted a carbonio , when there golf has got xenon lights, I purchased one but could not get it to fit , there was not enough room

·
Vendor
1,041 Posts
Hi Dale! Sorry to hear you've had probs, Anymore just give us a shout!

As people have said, You won't get a whoop tish noise (sorry just my interpritation of the dump valve noise!!!!)

But you will get the induction roar.

Any probs, then do give me a shout

All the best

Dean

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi

Awesome fitted the Carbonio kit to my xenon lit R32 with no problems at all. Well worth the dosh for the gain in bhp!!

Cheers

Pab

·
Registered
114 Posts
My R32 was run on the rolling road before and after it was fitted, the difference showed a 12 bhp gain.

Hope this helps

Pab

1 - 20 of 27 Posts