Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of people are asking about how the Carbonio sound.

I already have a nice noise, I have heard that the standard dv is not all that, What am i better off getting from Forge, the DV006A Piston type or the CL007PA other type

Here is a little clip of mine in motion.

All I have is the Cai, no exhaust and the standard dump valve.

Let me know what you think.

P.S sorry about the exhaust noise in the background.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry mate, the clip I have is an avi file. I can't upload it to Photobucket.

How can I get it up there.

Cheers

Dan

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The easiest wasy to fit it is to remove the bumper.

about 20mins then fit the kit, bobs ure uncle and fan*y's ure aunt.

sorted. let me know if your getting it and i can bring the necessary tools.

bye bye.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
So am i the only one who doesn't like it? I don't get the obsession with induction noise, i really don't. I like a nice sounding engine, and along with that a sporty sounding exhaust, anything else sounds OTT to me.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep it's been Revo'd and 4 bar'd althought when that clip was done the 4 bar had not.

I love it, next is the cat back Miltek without the front box.

So what dump valve should I go for. The piston or diagphram?

Cheers

Dan

·
Registered
447 Posts
so on that clip you're running standard map? did the whoosh noise get louder/longer/more aggresive after the chip upped the boost?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The standard Revo should be about 207bhp, that clip was when it was just Revo'd. When I uprated to the 4bar pressure regulator the noise didn't change.

The 4 bar only squirts the fuel in at a higher pressure as far as i know,which should then take it to about 218bhp, that i'll find out tomorrow.

The only way to change the nosie is to change the dump vave. i.e piston atmospheric or B.O.V

Cheers

Dan

·
Registered
98 Posts
had mine fitted today after watching your video clip i am impressed but doesnt sound like yours when i rev it

just makes a loud flutter noise :( wanted it to sound like yours darth vader i like!!!

·
Registered
581 Posts
The most likely reason you are getting a fluttering noise is that your std dv is broken. try changing it and the noise should sound more like darth vader [:)]

·
Registered
98 Posts
changed my diverter valve today its not making the flutter noise now but still doesnt sound like yours when i rev it

no darth vader under my bonnet :( any ideas any one!!

·
Registered
792 Posts
His car has been Revo'd, has yours been remapped?

Mine doesnt sound that much different than his with the evoltion CAI I have, mines only a standard 180bhp AUQ ?

·
Registered
98 Posts
yeah its been revo,ed its a agu engine im still happy with it ,when i rev it the car doesnt sound any different than before

the carbonio was fitted but it is making a noise when driving on gear change :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts