Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fited it yesterday evening. Well chuffed. It sounds louder than my mates GFB dump valve, he's jealous. (sp)I'm still running my standard dump valve i don't think i need any thing thats atmosphefric (sp) poss a Forge 007. What do you guys reckon?

The only thing i'm not too keen on is the weird sucking noise it makes whilst driving along at anything below 2.5k.......... I get used to it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
it sounds like a horse doesn't it at low rev's!! not too keen on that noise but turn up the boost and you get the full on bus effect[:D]

I have kept the standard dv on and spent the money elsewhere[^]

·
Registered
299 Posts
i love the sucking noise i think its great..im running a bailieys atmospheric dv on mine and it all sounds really good!! glad you like yours mate [^][^]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Quote: posted by Gti Fly on 23/10/2004 23:44:02

You renault 5 bad boys!

Lol.. you get the V6 power, we get the turbo noise [:D]

Speaking of Renault 5's.. I drive past a renault 5 gordini everyday on the way to work.. looks awesome at the side of the road.. the profile at the back is just pure class B rally car stuff. It seems to get used daily as it's never there going home.. would love to ask the owner for a spin down the road.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Can these Carbonio CAI's be fitted to all MK4's besides the 1.8T or is it specifically for that model only?

Posted Image

·
Registered
103 Posts
Any MAF issues with the CAI? Someone warned me about overloading the MAF sensor with the unchecked air flow. Wouldn't mind checking before installing one in me r32

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No problems so far. Fingers crossed. i've done about 500 miles so far.

Def go for it, if you want i nice noise!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
a family friend sent mine over from the US of A as a b/day present! WOOOHOOO. Sadly, he now moved back to Newcastle...those Hella R/S/R/S will have to wait...i digress, AwesomeGti.com will do them...

·
Registered
299 Posts
i got mine from awesome gti..got it fitted at a local veedubz garage { not a dealer } and seemed simple enough to fit..full instructions come supplied..no issues with mine { touch wood also [;)] } car runs fine [^][^]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts