Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Martyn: bear in mind import charges and the high chance customs will sting you, i know someone who did this and paid more than our price..

Another point, Carbonio make specific kits for ourselves which they only sell to us, basically a couple of different items in the kit, and of course we offer the aftermarket support for these which is easier than having to deal with america...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
But for saving nearly ?100 it is worth the chance.

After all what can go wrong with a carbon fibre tube??

In the last few years I have bought loads from america and if you get them to write that the package has no value and is a present on the parcel you will get it custom charges free!!

Worth the risk??? Its up to you..

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I thought we had sole rights on these over here anwyay, i checked it with Carbonio and got this last night confirming they wont send direct to public over here...

"I will ask our webmaster to make some small changes to our site indicating that UK-based customers need to go through Awesome GTI"

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Quote: posted by awesomeade on 01/12/2004 09:16:00

I thought we had sole rights on these over here anwyay, i checked it with Carbonio and got this last night confirming they wont send direct to public over here...

"I will ask our webmaster to make some small changes to our site indicating that UK-based customers need to go through Awesome GTI"

Isn't that a bit dodgy. I can understand you being the sole authorised dealer in the UK but surely you shouldn't stop people going to a different country if they so wish. It's not like someone is trying to buy them in bulk.

With a difference of nearly ?100, how do you justify the price you sell them for?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
We're not stopping anyone from getting on a plane and going across to canada to pick one up...

You should see the shipping & excise bill we get on these! and dont forget we have to charge VAT and shipping,

i'm not even sure how this ?100 extra figure has been calculated, care to explain?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Ade is not stopping anyone from buying from the another country, only direct from the supplier (Carbonio) who stated that Awesome have sole rights to distribute these in the UK.

If I was Ade, I would be mighty upset with Carbonio for selling products here after agreeing to give Awesome the sole rights.

You can still buy them from any of the other after market companies that sell them.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
sorry ade I didn't read your post properly I thought you were saying only you had the rights to sell them full stop.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I bought my Carbonio CAI from Awesome in March/April (but it is still not yet fitted [:I])

The price then was ?165 plus VAT and I was given 10% forum discount on an order including an exhaust and suspension parts. I was happy to buy in the UK, knowing that Carbonio quoted a cheaper price to sell to me direct from their website.

However, I would have thought that given the change in exchange rate with the dollar, it would be possible for Awesome to lower the UK retail price now and still make the same margin as before?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Quote: posted by Sceptic on 26/11/2004 21:01:01

Get one! highly recommended if you want a very nice noise and dump valve kinda sound.

Genuine question.

Apart from the above, what is the point?

...and don't get me wrong, a car that sounds like Darth Vader with flu does have its appeal [^]

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Reflex: again with the random shipping and customs charges we do it would be hard to fix a lower price, what I could do probably in January now when my next order will be sorted is to do a group buy...

Rich: It gives much better airflow and mated with a performance exhaust gives good figures, we had an R32 rolling roaded and it gave 19BHP extra at the wheels! i have dynos to prove this also..

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Quote: posted by rich1068 on 01/12/2004 18:35:46

Quote: posted by Sceptic on 26/11/2004 21:01:01

Get one! highly recommended if you want a very nice noise and dump valve kinda sound.

Genuine question.

Apart from the above, what is the point?

...and don't get me wrong, a car that sounds like Darth Vader with flu does have its appeal [^]

more cold air = more POWER!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts