Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.0 l bora and when i am go into first gear the car sometimes feels like it is skidding (wheel spin), it is normal in second gear.

Does this mean the clutch may be on its way out.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I have a 2.0 l bora and when i am go into first gear the car sometimes feels like it is skidding (wheel spin), it is normal in second gear.

Does this mean the clutch may be on its way out.
if the clutch was a problem you would find it hard to wheel spin.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I get it in 3rd at the moment!

Easy way to test is go up a hill in 4th and floor it if the revs rise but the speed isnt then your clutch is slipping.

·
Registered
289 Posts
As said above, get it remapped & spin it all the way up the gears!

Serious now, my car wheel spins up to fifth gear... on 19s... & traction control on!

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I think you've all forgotten he's driving a 2 litre Bora which are barely worth remapping and with 115 bhp not exactly fast[:p] ( I used to have one and sold it due to wanting the performance the 1.8t offers)

·
Registered
289 Posts
I kid you not, the wheels spin all the way up the gears. It done it when i had my 17s on where the tyres were like slicks so it was understandable, thought it would stop when i put the 19s (with good tyres) on but it still does it, not as much,

Its like a bloody rave in my car with the traction light flashing on & off

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Something i completely forgot about (rather than the power stakes) was what brand of tyres everyone is using thats getting trouble with wheelspin??

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Michy Pilot Sport 2's for me, and 1st gear is all but useless this time of year. Just about sticks in second, ya can feel it squirming a bit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts