Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car was stolen last night..... the scum broke into my parents house while they slept (i,m in italy right now) and stole the keys to my dad,s car (volvo s80) and my car. The police reckon the cars were stolen to order and would be shipped to the UK on differnt plates. Mine was a forest green 5 door 1.8T with leather heated recaros.... really slightly intoxicated off right now and hope the little scumbags catch a really nasty terminal illness or failing that crash the cars and die! [:(!]

·
Registered
281 Posts
Oh man, really sorry to hear that. Hope something really bad happens to the thieves and those that "order" the cars.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
am totally gutted for you mate ... wouldnt want to wish this on anyone ! Hope they find the low lifes ... and quick !

·
Registered
138 Posts
Very sorry for you mate! I was reading the paper on Thursday and it said that gangs are going around and stealing cars for orders! German cars are a high threat!! This seems to be coming more and more common these days. I hide my keys in my room so if they break into my house they'll have to get me outta bed if they want them.

Hope them little Sh*** get whats coming to them. I'm normaly a calm chap but this really makes me mad!!!! I wouldnt like to think what i'd do if i caught one of them stealing my cars!!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
bloody hell, i really hate reading things like this!!!! i hope those _ _ _ _ _(insert own word/s) get whats coming to them!

i feel for you mate.

·
Registered
574 Posts
This is just wrong, here we have good people who work hard for themselves, and then you a bunch of muthafookers who dont deserve to live doing these things.

I really feel for you mate, i know how id be feeling if it was me, and i know what id have done if i caught the little b*st*rds trying to nick my car.

Hope they get whats coming to them, all the best for you mate, hope u get it sorted!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I know how you feel mate, my GT-TDI was stolen last Saturday. Only difference is that the b*sturds managed to steal mine without also stealing the keys.

Next car is definitely going to have an additional keypad security system or a hidden anti-jacking switch.

Carlos

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Sorry to read that Shane - the only way to steal a modern car seems to be with the keys, which adds more risks to the owners: theft from the house (often while the owners are asleep upstairs), carjacking etc etc. I had the same thing happen to me, with some results but that's for another thread.

Good luck with the insurance company, nows the time you need them. Make sure that they settle this for you fast.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Im really sorry mate to hear of you and your Dads bad news having your motors stolen, It really makes ya angry that you have to work hard to pay for and run nice cars and than some little low life just walks in and takes it away from you without a care in the world. Glad that your folks are ok tho.

Chris

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers for all the replies - important thing is that no-one was hurt in all this but I still feel mad as hell when I think of the little biffs driving around my car [:(!] I'm only glad I hadn't got the Revo yet cause I was booked in to get that done in 3 weeks (not to mention the eibach anti-roll bars and TT brakes I was about to order).

The sadest think is I don't think I will get another golf despite really, really liking the car. I had to look for so long to get the one that was stolen that I don't think I could go through it all again....

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Real shame mate. There seems to be plenty of well spec'd MKIVs about at the moment as people move onto the MKV.

Maybe worth another look.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Mate your news makes my blood boil [:(!]. Think long & hard about not getting another Golf. As Carlos says theres plenty of nice models for sale [;)]

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that mate......

But after you've got over the shock and you realise your parents are unhurt and likely just shaken, you'll probably be OK with the fact that the car is insured and can be replaced.

I know it sounds like "how the hell would you know" but i've been on the receiving end of theft, and know that material things can be replaced......loved ones cannot.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Quote: posted by brainwashington on 05/02/2005 18:09:17

I know how you feel mate, my GT-TDI was stolen last Saturday. Only difference is that the b*sturds managed to steal mine without also stealing the keys.

Next car is definitely going to have an additional keypad security system or a hidden anti-jacking switch.

Carlos

Intersting, I've never heard anyone else on the the forum having their car stolen without the keys!!

I thought the imobiliser system was supposed to be pretty good on Golfs???

Not good to hear...

Malcolm

·
Registered
666 Posts
A lot of Golfs seem to be being nicked at the moment.

Sorry to hear about it Shane - Is car crime bad in Dublin generally?

It's terrible here in Bristol.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts