1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, as the title says, when I start the car in the morning it starts ok
But once I have driven it when I turn it off and start again it seems
To turn over for ages before it reluctantly starts. Even if I wait for key
Light to off after the coil light goes off and it still takes ages! It's really annoying!
Someone said it could b a temp sensor? Any ideas would b appreciated.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Get it scanned to check for faults, then youll know for sure if its electronic. Normally if a temp sensor goes it causes issues with cold starts and it'll be rough whilest its ticking over, also your mpg will be down with a failed temp sensor.

Things that cause issues with hot starting are your 109 relay, your battery not providing enough cranking power, your starter motor and your crank sensor. There maybe others but these are the common ones. Start by changing you 109 relay that is normally the main culprit. Failing that have someone do some logging of the crank sensor with vcds.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi pal mine does the same so annoying when in petrol station lol. Ive read up on it and somebody said it was there starter motor? I know it seems wierd i had to think about it but he said it solved his problem he said the starter motor was too hot or something? Anyway hope this helps

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have this exact problem since having a new head and injectors put on my car.

I bet if you disconnect the coolant sensor it will start first time everytime when it's hot. It's like it needs to be told the engine is cold in order to start.....even though the coolant sensor is working and not even the problem.

Only thing I can think of is retarded timing or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts