Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What car colour goes with what caliper colour?

I have a black golf, I'm either thinking yellow or red?

Pics would be good

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this seen as an ok thing to do to your car, or is it a bit naff, unless it was originaly painted?

·
Registered
361 Posts
My GTTDI is indigo blue and I will be painting my 4 motion calipers and carriers blight blue, al la R32 ,..HMMMMMMMMMMMM

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
see this question alot on the tt forum red is the best colour on a black car use japlac signa red enamel have used this many times have done both the tt and golf and it looks fantastic i have used the caliper paints and the japlac is much better to use and gives a much better colour and finish you will not be disapointed [:D]

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quote: posted by j11ajs on 24/08/2004 14:07:10

see this question alot on the tt forum red is the best colour on a black car use japlac signa red enamel have used this many times have done both the tt and golf and it looks fantastic i have used the caliper paints and the japlac is much better to use and gives a much better colour and finish you will not be disapointed [:D]

Here, have a '.'

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Quote: posted by Baron Von Marlon on 24/08/2004 15:08:37

Where do you get Jalpac from ?

try b&q or any good diy shop

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I got an anthracite car, and gonna do mine blue, R32 stylee, looks quite subtle and its different from red!

Wouldnt mind a '.' myself too (got plenty of ','s spare), if anyone knows where to get one?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yeh it was either a choice of Green or Yellow for me. I chose yellow in the end, and i must say they compliment the car extremely well!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Has anyone used the Folia Tec stuff,..it comes in lots of colours and Awesome GTI are selling it.

Does the Jalpac come in a light blue ?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Before I do, I really should get some bigger wheels. I think painted calipers would look really awefull(buget) with 15"rims. Does anyone agree?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I bought some of the Folia tec stuff,without reading the instructions ( big mistake).You have to leave it to dry for 2 hours,before you put your wheels back on,then a further 24 hours before you drive the car.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have just bought some of the Folia Tec caliper paint, ?22 from Halfords as oposed to the ?29.36 that Awesome wanted. I bought the Racing blue, similar to the R32 calipers, but I must admit, just seen a top pic of a stunning black golf on here with red calipers, thinking of taking it back and going for that instead. Anyone got any pics of an Indigo blue motor with racing blue calipers ??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts