Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As subject says, woke up this morning to find my passenger window had been smashed.

As some of you may remember i got pulled by police few weeks ago for my tinted windows. Anyway, my arguement was that they are security tints and they are a security measure.

Anyway, these morning found the window in tack meaning security tints do work!!! But more importantly kept the little scrots out of my car!

Will be staying up tonight tho just in case!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
oops, should have added "sorry to hear that mate, make sure you are waiting with a big feck off stick if they do come back"

·
Registered
990 Posts
Feel for you mate. That's the reason why I got Supaglass fitted to my car. It's available in clear for those that don't want the tint.

I would assume they smashed the glass because you de-locked it??

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would assume they smashed the glass because you de-locked it??

Ummmm....... no.

That was my second thought. Looked down expecting the locks to have had a go at but they were ok. Think i am gonna get this done now tho.

does that mean you now have one side untinted. Are you gonna get the same done again?

Yeh more than likely. Shouldnt be such a strain on the wallet for just one side especially if i just take the glass out myself.

The film had a two inch scratch on anyway from when the regulators failed and the window fell down the door, so suppose at least that solves that!

Thanks for the concern anyway guys.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I have tinted supraglass..

Looks the business and I am much happier leaving my car.

Sorry to hear that the Self Humiliationers broke into your car m8

Hope you get it fixed soon.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate [:(] .. Anything on view, reason to why they would have a go?

Out of interest, how much does the clear/tinted Supaglass cost?

·
Registered
138 Posts
the certainly do work.

Here are pics of my car (many moons ago) just after they were fitted.. and just after some pikey decided to test them

Posted Image

Posted Image

Amit

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Sad to hear of your misfortune mate.

I have to say, Martyns tints do look great and they do the job of keeping the little scrotes out!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
mate! sorry to hear that [:(]

but on the plus side, thats an awesome ad for security film. i gotta get me some of that.

like you say, be very careful because they may think there is something of value in there and want to have another go after you get it fixed. is it parked outside your house? theres a decent home secureity system that can be had for around ?50 from focus and also from the cpc catalogue. (electrical suppliers).

its passive ir and is either wired or wireless and turns your tv to the camera if it detects movement. uses nightvision too.

·
Registered
513 Posts
God there are some c*@ts out there.

I had security film fitted to my other car after some little chav scrot tried my lock with a screwdriver and mashed the door, got it de-locked, the owner at the body shop told me he had the number of the window tinter who does all of Haliwell Jones BMW in chester work. dont think ill have a car without it from now on, looks spot on too

1 - 19 of 19 Posts