Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night my 1.8t was broken into and a bunch of stuff was stolen -
the wierd thing is they managed to break into the car by unlocking one
of the doors (drivers I think). They then pulled forward the back seats
and took everything that was in the boot (considerable amount of
sporting equipement). They then locked the car again. There was no
damage at all done to the car and they left stuff like my cds and loose
change)......

Anyone ever heard of a way to unlock and disarm the alarm for a golf without the key fob?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Unlucky! really sorry to hear that.

I guess you informed the Police? If they got in the way you suggested, will the insurance company pay out, they may assume your telling porkies, if there is no sign of a brake in!?

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
I have heard of a way before but it shouldnt be mentioned on here i think as its a bit of a dodgy subject.  Basically involves shorting a circuit on a side repeater and some other stuff.  Ever seen gone in 60 seconds?  Well its based on truth unfortunately.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unlucky! really sorry to her that.

I
guess you informed the Police? If they got in the way you suggested,
will the insurance company going to pay out, they may assume your
telling porkies, if there is no sign of a brake in!?
I
haven't made a police report yet - just talked to insurance and I have
to ring back monday as they only operate an emergency claims line at
the weekend so no advisors available to tell me where I stand..... I'll
be making a police report later once I've made a full list of what was
stolen.

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
The thing is, how long did they have?  Was there any evidence of a short i.e. fuses blown?

·
Registered
186 Posts
This is quite worrying, i have had a number of cars broken into and i don't like the idea that this could be done so easily. Without making it clear what they do, is there a way i can stop them from doing it like delocking it or removing my side indictors?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Are you sure its not a mate having a laugh? I mean why would a thief lock the car up after he's finished. Pretty considerate of him.

I know you must be jutted about your stuff going walk about. But just think how its going to sould when you tell the police.

·
Registered
122 Posts
No theres a way to get in without the key.  People not gonna mention it on here but this is why people de-lock their cars!

·
Registered
94 Posts
If that is the case, we need to know the problem, to solve the problem...
delocking isn't a practical solution for me.

To think thief's will come searching on forums for techniques or that it will
tempt people to commit a crime is a bit far fetched..

But if its against forum rules to share such info, fair enough.

·
Super Moderator
50,205 Posts
Are you sure its not a mate having a laugh? I mean why would a thief lock the car up after he's finished. Pretty considerate of him.

I know you must be jutted about your stuff going walk about. But just think how its going to sould when you tell the police.
Dittto to that,to the best of my knowledge,you can't do all that without the key and remote fob.The OEM alarm can only be disarmed either by the remote,or by putting a legitimate key into the ignition and turning it on.

Chris.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If that is the case, we need to know the problem, to solve the problem... delocking isn't a practical solution for me.

To think thief's will come searching on forums for techniques or that it will tempt people to commit a crime is a bit far fetched..

But if its against forum rules to share such info, fair enough.
As far as I know De-locking is the only solution! After seeing this done with my own eyes I can tell you nothin else will stop it! I hope I can be corrected

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
To think thief's will come searching on forums for techniques or that it will
tempt people to commit a crime is a bit far fetched..
I don't think it's far fetched at all. The internet is a resource by which you can find virtually anything. There have been users on here before who just basically joined to hurl abuse at people. What's to stop anyone just looking as it's an open forum, and if they see the easy way to get into a MkIV there will be a real temptation to have a go - some people have very litle morals/conscience.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Agree that the exact method of getting in should not be disclosed on this forum but can anyone who knows a bit about this just post a solution if there is one, i.e does de-locking prevent it from working and if so does that included the boot lock?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Get the de locking parts and get the caps sprayed up,make sure your boot lock is in good working order and not siezed from lack of use or a previous water leaks,stash a spare remote battery in the boot just in case and then everything should be ok.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
If you're car has no sign of damage or forced entry then the police or insurance company won't be interested.

For example: Theives broke into my locked house last night and stole 4 TVs, 2 computers and a laptop and locked the door on the way out, and they'res no evidence of them being there.

I've been walking away from a car with a keyfob and when i was putting it my pocket it unlocked the car by accident, Other than that I have no idea what happened. Unfortunately I can't see you having any real claim or anything. You may have a faulty lock.

Baz

·
Registered
129 Posts
I discovered the dreaded easy way into a MKIV and delocked straight away!
Without giving the game away it would basically take a maximum of 10 seconds to be in your car whilst being able to simultaneously unlock the door/drop the windows/turn the alarm off in one foul move! Oh and all this can be done using a readily available household item....

My advice is a no brainer, get you MKIV's delocked asap or expect the inevitable.....

1 - 20 of 56 Posts