Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to do these kind of things before now and they have always fallen flat on their face. But basically I cannot sell my Bora, there is nothing wrong with it in the slightest, all I keep getting is offers of 2k.

So instead, might raffle it, if this doesnt work, will just keep the bugger. Theres no way I'm selling it for 2k.

I have seen a thread on here saying people would be intrested if someone did raffle their car as we all found it amusing that someone raffled their house. Now it's a reality!

I need 49 interested people. Will work on the bonus ball. Each person pays ?80 for a ticket, can have 2 or more if you like. Winner is the person that holds the bonus ball for a draw that is confirmed after payment has been recieved.

So, is anyone interested? ?80 for your chance to win this. I realise ?80 is a high amount. Willing to do lower amounts if people can come up with a fair way of doing the draw. Would people be happy if it was someone else on here that drew the name out of the hat? Say Tabs. (If I can get him to do it!!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

60,000 miles, 1999, V5 150bhp engine, LOADS of extras.

Anyone intrested? I'm completely serious and someone WOULD win it for ?80 or less!

Interested people:
1. Bora_Tom
2. Tabs
3. Maclanahan
4. Abe.TDI
5. Satnam
6. pc.iow

The basic specifications are:

- 2.3 V5 150bhp Engine
- 60,000 miles (no cambelt on these, so does not need to be changed)
- 1999 V plate. On private plate, which comes with the car
- Climate Control
- 4 doors
- Full service history (though lacking stamp for the last, which is annoying)
- Winter Pack which includes Heated Seats, Automatic Wipers, Healight Washers, Heater Mirrors

The modifications are as follows:

Exterior:
- Full Oettinger Body kit (original and authentic). However, the front lip was either nicked or it came off though I think I would have known if I ran over it!! This has been replaced with a Bora V6 4 motion front lip and is currently still black, though can be painted up to match. Please note one of the pictures still shows the oettinger front lip.
- ABT Rear Spoiler with brakelight
- ABT Roof Lip Spoiler
- ABT Front Grille
- Stubby Aerial
- Debadged
- Blue side repeaters (show orange)
- 18" BK Alloys with all good 225/40/18 tyres. The car comes with the original alloys and spare if wanted.
- Lowered 30mm on Eibach Springs
- Eibach Gas Dampers
- Yellow brake calipers

Interior:
- Full genuine and original R32 interior (instead of wood trim)
- W8 Interior Light
- Oettinger pedals
- Rieger Illuminated Gearstick (Illuminates the grid pattern and numbers - groovy toy!)
- Speaker rings
- Oettinger Sills
- Dash dial rings
- Sony CD player with Sony Multi CD in boot

·
Registered
273 Posts
If the odds are 1 in 49 I'd be in for that too please Gra'!

Sucky time to sell a car I think mate, everyone's too short before Christmas and it'll be even worse in January I think!

:)

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL ok, the only need for someone to draw the number would be if we had either more than 49 people or people would rather pay say ?20 for a ticket, so would obviously need more tickets.

I couldn't really do the draw, would be a little suss, so if anyone on here who's been around for a while would like to draw IF the need arises, then please say so.

Could still fall flat on its face, but if I can get 49 people, it's sorted. 1 in 49 chance (or however many tickets you wanted) of winning it. I'll even throw in a full tank of fuel, dependant on when the tax is up, if its due in 2 months (I cant remember!) will throw 6 months tax in also.

The car comes with a set of spare VW original alloys also.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd be willing to draw the number... but... I want to enter the draw [:p]
Btw I'll give you ?3,000 for the car if you don't decide to go ahead [8-|]
Ooo, my middle finger is moving! [:p] ?3800 and it's yours!

Just think this would be a cool way and a nice win for the winner. Just need the people, 48 people are gonna lose ?80 and that's what I don't like, but can't make it any better or cheaper!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'd buy a ticket at ?20 as thats all i can afford [:D] well i am a poor student [:(]

Sat [y]
Get your brother involved! At the moment it's ?80, but I am willing to do ?20, but then would need 200 people! Or at least to sell 190 tickets

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
I'd be willing to draw the number... but... I want to enter the draw [:p]
Btw I'll give you ?3,000 for the car if you don't decide to go ahead [8-|]
Ooo, my middle finger is moving! [:p] ?3800 and it's yours!

Just think this would be a cool way and a nice win for the winner. Just need the people, 48 people are gonna lose ?80 and that's what I don't like, but can't make it any better or cheaper!
The stakes are high, and your ticket price should be ?77 [:D] Count me in! You need 47 people now.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Details details! ?78.50 then [:p]

?80 though and free tank of fuel and possibly an extra 6 months tax!

?77 and I will go for a blast so it's on the red line so the winner has to tow it away! [:D]

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Put my name down as well Graham, but tell me.If you only get say, 40 people,dont you think you would still be "obliged[;)]" to go all the way.

Or will there be a time limit,and as for the number picking,how about saying the 3rd ball (could be the 1st,2nd,4th,ect) from that weeks lottery is the winner.

Especially as My Tabs is keen on it.[:p]

·
Registered
333 Posts
I sold my Motorbike this way a year ago (all done legitimatley through solicitors...solicitor picked the name from a hat).... 220 tickets @ ?10 and only took 2 months from start to finish.
..............and the bike site is no where near as big as this one! so you shouldnt have problems selling tickets.
(Worst thing about becoming a dad... having to get rid of the bike[:'(])
Posted Image

Posted Image

(and im sure ive suggested having a raffle area on here about 6 months ago too... (For car parts and cars))

Best way to do it is to make a provisional list of potential buyers... then when all the tickets are reserved... collect the money.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Put my name down as well Graham, but tell me.If you only get say, 40 people,dont you think you would still be "obliged[;)]" to go all the way.

Or will there be a time limit,and as for the number picking,how about saying the 3rd ball (could be the 1st,2nd,4th,ect) from that weeks lottery is the winner.

Especially as My Tabs is keen on it.[:p]
40 people and the price would go up to ?95 [:p]

Seriously, all this is is a feeler to see who would be interested. Don't want people saying they are interested, but are never gonna cough up ?80. That will just spoil it for everyone in the draw.

Open to thoughts on how to draw it. I think the bonus ball is always the fairest way. Can do 2nd, 3rd, 4th ball etc, just bonus seems easier, otherwise were gonna have female dog fights over the 3rd ball, i.e it was drawn 3rd or it comes 3rd in the lineup.

Would like to get it done before crimbo, but it's a difficult time for all of us, so will to do it as a new year thing.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do we need a poll? I.e ?80 or ?10-20?

If I did say ?15, would give unlimited tickets, not my fault if I make more! [:p]

Then would do it either via solicitors or a valued member of the site.

At the moment, this is for ?80 tickets, if your more intersted in 10-20 tickets, please say. I don't care how it's sold so long as I get the money!

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
personally i think do it in smaller and more affordable sizes i.e. ?25 thats 152 raffles.. i'm sure there would be enough people out there.. especially some people may even buy a handfull to increase there chance.. whilst the people who can only afford ?25 (me) can be happy with one raffle [:D]

Sat [y]

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Good idea mate, and the best of luck [y]

If you need someone to make the draw then I'm more than happy to help out [:)]

1 - 20 of 80 Posts