Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Can't get to site from normal dial-up.

3K views 36 replies 7 participants last post by  Richard W 
Foxy - you'd expect that.

It's probably one router(gateway?) at NTL which has the modem servers hanging of it that hasn't been updated. With BB you'll be bypassing this hence you don't get the same problem.

try tracert instead of ping

access to site via blueyonder dial-up is fine from my access point, the e-mail servers may not be accepting 70. addys as valid. probably span filtering ?!?

What was the reason given for bouncing them ?

Also, just changed my e-mail in profile to the blueyonder one if you want to fire of another test.. - oops, just noticed that the blueyonder e-mail was previously used so can't re-set to it in profile.

putting on my support hat - I don't think anyone said they could ping the site, just that they saw the correct ip. Could be that they had 100% packet loss but will still be shown the correct destination address.

Same with tracert - they only said they got the same ip's not that the address resolved fully on both.

talk-tourque - have you still got the problem as foxy's last post suggests NTL are onto it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.