Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to take off my passenger door card to retrieve the window after it had fallen into the door after freezing in the frame Anyhow, I got the window sorted again, but for the life of me I can't get the door card on correctly.. My problem is that after making all the necessary connections and ensuring the small little retaining clip for the door release cable has stayed in place and I've fed the lock button up through the hole in the card, when I then sit the card onto the inner window seal, I can't seem to get the card down far enough for the lock button to stick up the right amount above the card. I've tried loads of times and still can't get it fitted so that the lock button is flush with the trim in the locked position and 5-10mm proud when in the unlocked position. Is there a knack to this? I've tried taking off the lock button to see if I could manage it that way but I still can't manage it. I can't see where I might be going wrong. Any ideas?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had another go at this. I can get the card seated correctly - all the clips line up and the trim is seated fully down onto the window rubber bracket and all the push clips on the lower card are lined up with the holes in the door and everything is in order - except for the fact that I can't get the lock button sticking out correctly from the top of the trim. I can get it to just above flush in the unlocked position and then it goes down a few mm into the card in the locked position I really can't see where I might be going wrong.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. I've managed to get it all back together with the lock button sticking up when unlocked, although not as much as the other doors. I had had another look at the button rod where it goes into the door through the rubber boot. and found that it was very loose, and after playing with it for a minute or two, I managed to get the rod into a position where it was sticking up further than before. It's still not perfect, so I may be back to it again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts