Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi golfers,

Can any one help me? I know its a stupid question but is the ESP allready on when you start the car and then pushing the button turn it off, or is it the other way round, cheers

Mark

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
press it and find out [6]

I would think pressing it when the engine is on would turn it off, would be abit annoying having to turn the traction on everytime you start the car

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers mate,

as my car is 4wd I cant see it makes any difference by pushing the esp button thats why I wanted to find out

Mark

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Cheers mate,

as my car is 4wd I cant see it makes any difference by pushing the esp button thats why I wanted to find out

Mark
try taking it down a twisty road with it on then with it off

im sure you will see the difrence ....................off = more fun ..............[;)]

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just dont turn it off in the corner mate of mine thought it would be good to turn it off in his Rx and almost wiped the car out lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
When you turn the ESP off it should display an angry yellow/orange light near the speedo.  You have a dash problem if it doesnt light up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When you turn the ESP off it should display an angry yellow/orange light near the speedo.  You may have a dash problem if it doesnt light up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Magic ESP button what a day I had driving yesterday, that button is gona be constantly pushed in from now on especially after my AmD session next saturday cant wait cheers every one

Mark

·
Registered
287 Posts
what ever the weather the second after i turn the key i hit the ESP button with out fail [;)]
I'm obviously not as brave as you!! I now turn it off whenever it's dry.[:D] I tend to keep in on in the wet though, cos i'll end up having a mishap otherwise!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi

the 4motion does need it as well, especially this time of year as I found out, 4wd still slides quite a bit (sh*t) but still fun

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
hmmm just read all the posts, i seem to find the car has alot more grip with the esp off, my car wheel spins like mad if i put my foot down but with the esp off which it grips so much more i always thought you turned it on...

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
hmmm just read all the posts, i seem to find the car has alot more grip with the esp off, my car wheel spins like mad if i put my foot down but with the esp off which it grips so much more i always thought you turned it on...
Really?? Though you can't take total liberties with it I only have ASR and find it fine. I find in the wet it 'trims out' my excess throttle quite well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Really?? Though you can't take total liberties with it I only have ASR and find it fine. I find in the wet it 'trims out' my excess throttle quite well.
i take it ASR and ESP are the same but they just changed the name?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts