Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Just a word of warning mate if you're planning to bid for this, before you actually do... Speaking as an experienced ebay user, i'd be very dubious as to whether this guy is even a genuine seller or not. OK, there is, what seems to be a picture of the grill on what may, or may not be be his carpet. It may well be someone else's picture and this guy is selling goods that aren't actually there or his to sell, and this is all a way of just trying to get your money!

The reason i say this is because, (and i apologise if it's anyone on here selling the grill, i'm just looking out for us forum guys!) Whilst having a feedback score of 5 is perfectly acceptable (as we've all got to start somewhere!) but why has this guy changed his user id within the last 30 days on a feedback score of only 5?? Sounds suspicious to me!

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
If you have a look at the other items it's all the same carpets (x2)

Whether or not this means anything, I'm not sure [:eek:)]

I contacted him to ask a question, will see what the response is...

And the responses seem genuine enough - the first person has bought one of those grills. You can't make that stuff up, can you? (I'm not very good with eBay)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think ur overreacting mate as a I use ebay lots buying and selling just cos u got a low feedback doesnt mean a think if he was that dodgy there would be negative feedback. plus its not much cash. I sell loads of stuff on ebay and people with low feedback are often the best customers as they are trying to build up there reputation

·
Registered
641 Posts
Whats that leather look seat covers he's selling as well. Didn't people do that in the 80's? Would look naff wouldn't it? Apoliges to anyone who has them fitted to their car.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i'd recommend flexy primer as its plastic and may take a good flexing if you ever need the front of the car off to change headlamp bulbs etc.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If i buy one off this guy and thats a big if im just looking for bargins on ebay cos not that many bidders will be about xmas day etc. Can i take it as is to a bodyshop and just tell them to prime and spray ?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
yes you just take it to a bodyshop and get em to paint it, shouldnt cost much...

By the way - i highly doubt they are genuine Oettinger grilles them, look more like the oettinger copys made by FK, oettinger grilles retail at well over ?100, while the FK copies are more like ?30-40!

Still a nice grille for the money :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does it really matter who they are made by tho ?? By not being the offical make does that mean it wont be as good a fit or will it be fine >

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Quote: posted by Bazrazmataz on 22/12/2004 17:59:03

I think ur overreacting mate as a I use ebay lots buying and selling just cos u got a low feedback doesnt mean a think if he was that dodgy there would be negative feedback. plus its not much cash. I sell loads of stuff on ebay and people with low feedback are often the best customers as they are trying to build up there reputation

I dont think it's overracting mate, i'm just being cautious that's all. eBay is known to be a scammers paradise, and i won't deal with anyone who has an insufficient feedback score. I'm just covering my own back! Personally, i need to see that they have a good feedback rating before i will even consider dealing with them.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts