Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
If it were me and I was intent on fixing it and not replacing, I'd get a piece of aluminium tube slightly bigger than the hole that's left, and heat it enough so that it can forced in and melt the plastic around it to form a seal, then put some silicone around it for good measure. You could try and plastic weld it, but I'm not sure how strong it would be.

Ideally replace it though, there might be an aftermarket metal replacement available.

·
Registered
10,723 Posts
i've done the above before and it will leak again... best solution just replace it or look for a metal replacement as mentioned although I never found one back in the days for mine so I took one of a scrapped car for 5 pounds

·
Registered
10,723 Posts
usually found on tuners websites... but i couldn't find it for my car so went for a used one since it was dirt cheap and readily available on the scrappy.

·
Registered
V6 4Motion
933 Posts
I was randomly looking today as I have my intake off and was thinking about a crack pipe replacement - you can get the thermostat housing and crack pipe in metal for the v6 but didn't see that coolant elbow on my travels

·
No more Mods....Yeah right !
1,448 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Struggling for a part number.
Bought 1 of Ebay, both sides same diameter.
Mine on car is about 40mm rad side, 50mm engine side (roughly).

Part number on damaged part is not legible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts