Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wwhat are these things in the picture.

They get in the way of my filter

Can I remove them or not. I don't think im getting the right amount of air into the engine because of it.

Posted Image

Dale

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have a feeling that's the horn. Could be wrong though. Put your ear next to them and get a mate to press your hooter...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Is that not the horn, or part of it??

IMO if its there, its there for a reason. Air is air mate it will go around it and your gonna be getting more cold air where the filter is now than when you had the original air box on. If your car is running and you have no warning lights then IMO I would leave it alone.

However, if you do remove it, let us know how you get on. [;)]

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know it was a stupid question but just had to ask

Golfturboblue - its a carbonio CAI one, great sound.Just can be a chore to get fitted correctly

Tabs - Will try it and see what happens. I was thinking of just bending it out of the way so will have a go.

Mine seems to sit different to everyone elses which is odd.

Cheers for the help guys

Dale

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most of the pipe is carbon fibre. Everything you can see by looking into the engine bay is carbon fibre. Its just the last section behind the headlight. Weird I know

Dale

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeh they are , they are also real loud.

It was more distinctive before I had the milltek fitted though.

What CAI you got on yours?

Dale

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Just got a Simota Cone at the minute! Wana get a new CAi soon but don't know what! Had and ABD racing one but sold now!
Alright mate how's it goin?

Go for the Pipercross VIS mate it sounds the nuts [:p]. I was fillin my water up the other day and had the car runnin and all I would hear was the air swirling round inside the Carbon tube [:D]. Its got a completely different sound to the carbonio, a lad near me I have got speaking to has a carbonio on his and the pipercross seems to make the turbo sound more louder and it gives a real nice buzzing sound near the top of the rev range.

Some nice new pics by the way fella [Y]

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Yup, that's the horn. Just exactly how much air do you think that you need to get into your engine?
Its like that for a reason, if you need more power, just press the horn for extra forced induction........!!! lol

·
Registered
470 Posts
Ah, I see and I suppose the sound vibrations travel up the induction kit and improve fuel vaporisation resulting in more power?
Wonder if it works on diesels too......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts