Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to know if it is possible to fit a turbo to my 1.8 gti 20v. if it is possible can someone let me no how much and if someone has done it was it worth it cheers!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
It will be possible to fit a turbo I would have thought but wouldnt be cost effective.

As for a 46bhp increase from a 125bhp (IIRC) NA engine I seriously doubt!!

Even 1.8T NonDBW's dont only just start to touch on a 46bhp increase from a standard 150bhp and they have boost levels increased to get near there.

As others have said, its would be best to sell up and find a 1.8T.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well this is cheering me right up thanks a bunch....lol i kind a like it though i dont like all the wood in the turbo thats why i didnt buy one in the first place and got a decent deal aswell

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i no now im looking at getting it for mine anyway ive seen it for 190 and 70 for the gear knob , gator and bezel is that the same do you have to get that seperate

·
Registered
850 Posts
how much u guys reckon for one of those then?

i soo much wanna upgrade my little 1.4

wat would be the cost for putting one of these into a 1.4??

any ideas?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Does it come with the wiring loom and everything else to sort?.... AND im not sure but will there be issues with matching it to the transmission?

Lovely upgrade to do but again its still gonna be cheaper to go the 1.8T route and mod that!

Gary.... I'd say its possible to get near 400 with a charger yeah, but thats other stuff like cams and exhaust too tho.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts