Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This could turn out to be an embarassing revelation [:$]

Colleagues have just invited me to see SAW II after work. Its supposed to be a pretty scary horror film which according to one critic will give you a fear of enclosed spaces [:S]

I havn't said yes yet partly because it will be the first horror film I've seen in almost 16 years. I've studiously avoided the horror genre since a film I saw as a kid gave me weeks of nightmares. At the moment I'm living on my own in a large, empty Victorian house with very creeky floorboards, rattling window panes and plenty of bumpy noises.... should I say no or am I just being a big old wus??

C

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
In my humble little opinion mate, I personally believe it comes down to
how active your imagination is - and what it hates most [:)]

If you're imagination isn't that mad generally, then I doubt it'll be
too bad. Also, I can watch scary horror stuff until it comes out
of my ears - unless it involves copious amounts of minging and
dangerous insects (not the biggest fan)... If thath appens, I'm
buggered for a good couple of days [:)]

I don't have a phobia of insects, but my imagination when I sleep
doesn't half go into overdrive (and no I have no idea why before anyone
gets sarky [;)])

Being a kid of course made everything 10 times worse, cos your mates
older brothers/sisters took great pride in screwing you up with evil
stories anyway!!!!

HTH

C

·
Registered
965 Posts
Its a film, just keep telling yourself that... when you are at home I
mean whats the worst that can happen in a victorian house...you see a
ghost [:O] - this you should not be scared of as by the time you realise
that you think you may of seen something your already telling yourself
"god did I really see that or did I imagine that" as for the
film....its highly unlikely that something like the film will happen to
you. Like CkB said its all in your imagination.... go and see it, you
probably will end up not believing half of it anyway! Its good to
have a fright now and then keeps the old ticker on top form!

Oh and remember an old house always make a lot of noise when settling down at night...its the norm!

[:D]

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it is safe to say that I have a very active imagination. When I was about 14, I spent a few weeks at my aunt's house in Spain. Her daughter collected these old fashioned dolls, the kind where their eyes open and close depending on whether they are upright or supine.

During my stay I was given my cousins room to sleep in. I was seriously spooked, I kept thinking these blasted dolls were looking at me, and even with the lights out I could still feel their beady little eyes boring holes in me. In the end I moved the bed around so that I didn't have to face them. Now what scared the living s**t out of me is that one morning when I woke up I found the biggest doll had its head twisted 180 degrees so it was facing the wall. I could have sworn on all that is holy that the night before it was facing forward [:O]

Hmmm... this is good therapy [:D]

C

·
Registered
730 Posts
When i saw The Exorcist for the first time a few years ago i thought it was a comedy, I put this down to the ageing speacial effects and the fact that i had seen countless films before the exorcist which did it a whole lot better and scarier, i guess they desensitised me.

But i can imagine the folks seeing it in the 70's were freaked out by something they hadn't seen in a film before.

·
Registered
965 Posts
When i saw The Exorcist for the first time
a few years ago i thought it was a comedy, I put this down to the
ageing speacial effects and the fact that i had seen countless films
before the exorcist which did it a whole lot better and scarier, i
guess they desensitised me.

But i can imagine the folks seeing it in the 70's were freaked out by something they hadn't seen in a film before.
I must say when I saw the exorsist (before it got banned [:$] ) it was
quite spooky and even the old amityille was spooky but I was a
youngster then and it goes without saying it will freak you out and
give you nightmares...but now being an adult I am hard pushed to find a
really scary film, they are all US crap teenager...I am blonde with big
boobs crap now...and the only thing that scares me about those films is
what on earth will they look like when they get older with all that
plastic yuk [+o(]

I love horror films but get disappointed when a new one comes out and
says its soooooo scary and when I watch it...I mean please come on!

Saw I enjoyed it was different and quite fked up....I am yet to see Saw 2...can't wait!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When i saw The Exorcist for the first time a few years ago i thought it was a comedy, I put this down to the ageing speacial effects and the fact that i had seen countless films before the exorcist which did it a whole lot better and scarier, i guess they desensitised me.

I've seen the trailers for "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" and I can confirm that I won't be watching that [:|]

C

·
Registered
602 Posts
Horror films dont really scare me, in fact if you watch something like fright night or Nightmare on Elm St you'll actually laugh out loud.

I prefer more physcological (sp) horrors/thrillers like Gothika, mothman prophecies (sp) and probably the best horror ive seen recently was Hide and Seek well worth a watch. The first Saw was good and if the 2nd one is anything like it then it wasnt set in an old house like yours.

As said above its sometimes good to be a little frightened lets the body know your still alive.

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
.....it will be the first horror film I've seen in almost 16 years. I've studiously avoided the horror genre since a film I saw as a kid gave me weeks of nightmares.
I want to know what this film is, that put you off scary movies. C'mon spill the beans..............

·
Registered
642 Posts
Horror films do me in, i went to see Saw2 as well the other night and it does make you wonder, there is some complete nutters out there!!

lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts