Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In light of recent events at Hearts, can they maintain their performance and keep thte top spot?

Can't help thinking they will take a turn for the worse now, but it would be great for them and Scottish football to have any team other than Celtic or Rangers win everything again.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I'm not quite convinced that they can make it to the other end, not
quite - but I tell you what, if they did, it would make an excellent,
rewarding and such a refreshing change from the usual one-of-two! [y]

·
Registered
204 Posts
It's difficult to see them maintaining this league position. If they
can get to January (big IF) and still be in 1st then it will put a lot
of pressure on Rangers and Celtic. Every draw will hurt them and Hearts
could hold on for a second spot.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I have said from day 1 whe Romanov arrived that the S*** will hit the fan sooner or later, & as we all know it has started already with Burley getting his P45

They have a great bunch of players, Gordon,Webster,Skacel, but weather they can keep the squad all together is another thing We could even see Craig Gordon end up in Serie A next season.

But is still dont see the reason for ROmanov picking Hearts to buy??

There is now way in hell he will make any profit from them, half the players that have been brought in he is paying then out of his own pocket.

It can only be good for the Scottish game if Hearts keep this up, but weather they can last the whole season, we will have to wait & see.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last nights results were interesting though eh? Hearts 1-0 and Rangers 2-2.

1Hearts122032
2Celtic122129
3Hibernian12925
4Rangers121021

Can't help thinking Celtic will do a leapfrog, but it is great to see Rangers a few steps off the top....

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Sooner or later Hearts will star to lose, so will Celtic. Sooner or later Rangers might start winning some games. I think it will be close the whole season right down to the last game. Unlike the Premiership that will be over at Christmas[:p]

·
Registered
548 Posts
Repeat after me " Change is good "

there's a smell coming from the west and its FEAR, we may not win the league but were going to have a good old time trying

its Romanov's money at the end of the day, so fair play to him, he put it in when nobody else would and it will pay him and the club

and supporters dividends. Scottish footie needs a kick in the ass as well as the SFA!

All the best to George Burley, but the show must go on.

·
Registered
80 Posts
from what ive heard booby robson will get the job.craig gordon will go to newcastle in january as shay given is going to arsenal.i dont think we will win the league but as long as we hump the hibees on saturday i dont care.and we finish ahead of hibs and in europe .champions league is a dream but i cant wait to slag my hibee mates if we get there.i know a few hibees that were bricking it when burley was there i just hope who ever gets the job does the business.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I hope hearts do well...

I never followed scottish footy till a couple of years ago.

My girlfriends dad is a hearts fan and is loving been top of the league (well was untill yesterday)... Hes asked if i wanna go to a game this season.. Dont know which one but it will be my first scottish football game [Y]

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I think if they get Sir Bobby as boss they have a really good chance... the bloke is cracking, will get the players right behind him, and not being ?40k per week 'superstars' they will probably give him respect unlike the little gets that were playing for us at the time he was boss.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Celtic now ahead on goal difference. I think they are knackered now. Lets face it though Simon, we don't have any real superstar players in Scotland. A decent manager to take up where there is now a space at hearts is really needed and quickly.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I really think they can do it you know, what with that George Burley managing , George Foulkes with his hands on chairmanship and Phil wosshisname as chief excec!

.......................er...........what??

...........................oh right...........................what?? all of them..........................er.............

sorry mate, your fooked!!

hahaha!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
The whole place is a joke, Romanov is just looking for a "Yes" man, hence his son is now in charge. He has no idea in how to run a football club & things will only go from bad to worse.

Acorrding to the papers this morning, Anderton got the bullit because of counsultancy fees to third partys & because he wanted to break the bank in order to get Bobby Robson as manager. Then when he got sacked Foulkes just said stuff this & walked out aswell.

If Romanov keeps going like this he will have no staff left, & it will undoubtly unsettle the team.

But no doubt we will hear from him at some point this week saying that all is well, they will still win the league & win the Champions league within three years.

Yeah, right..........

·
Registered
548 Posts
Repeat after me sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiii

What the f*** happened there top of the league, great manager, chairman etc...

then boom dont know what romanov's on but he better come dooon to earth soon

or there will be dire conseq for us !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts