Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A yo!

So then, as the last meet didnt really get going, and now that ive jacked in my driving job and have Sundays free again [:D] ive decided to get this long overdue meeting.............OOOOOOOOON!

So then, whos up for it?!?

I hope all u 'regulars'(Whiteboy,Steveh,Zugan,Oxford,Richard,Royster and Co)along with any neebies can make this[!]

I was thinking of going for the 'traditional' Sunday at Whittlesford cos of the good car park and pub right next door [:D]

Hows about next Sunday 3rd April, any takers?!?

If not, Hola at me and we can fix another date [8D]

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and then there were three!

Could be, how about the next Sunday if not? or another time?

only 2 replies so far and its almost friday!

*im sure these used to be easier to organise*

[:D]

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Would anyone be up for a fun day long road trip? the gumball is on 14th MAY and im trying to get as many MK4's as possible to make an appearance on the day they leave. nothing to complicated just a run from london when they set off to folkstone, (i.e. following the 115 cars or some of atleast) until they get to the channel tunnel enterance. any interest? have a look at the seperate gumball rally 2005 meet. should be a good day to see some nice cars and some celebs to boot.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah soz it was a bit short notice for today wasnt it!

So how about next Sunday, the 10th?!? [^]

great weather for it today though wasnt it!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Was looking forward to a local meet but i'm heading up to the JBS rr day on the 10th April so will have to give that one a miss

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
actually I wont be able to do next weekend! doh!

how about Sunday April 17th? should have plenty of time to get more interest then [^]

plus they say its gonna be cold next weekend with poss of snow [B)]

·
Registered
218 Posts
Snow! [xx(] any weekend except 23rd is OK with me.

PS. Anyone local know of a decent scrapyard around Cambridge. I need a rummage around for a few bits for my latest purchase!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote: posted by zUgan on 04/04/2005 15:10:46

PS. Anyone local know of a decent scrapyard around Cambridge. I need a rummage around for a few bits for my latest purchase!

theres one at bottisham on the old newmarket road, rampton car breakers also

is that a TD or a D Jon?!? I liked the Volcane model they did [:D]

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hey, how are we doing with this?!

Scrapyard, I know of one on the edge of Linton (we called it Smithy's Scrapyard), I grew up there (not in the scrapyard!) and goodness knows what junk he's got in there.

Next Sunday might be good, most Sundays after that are good though go on holiday over the 8th May.

I think snow is a windup???!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
What was that cartoon with the animals that lived in a scrap heap??? - sorry totally off topic.

Defo think we should meet!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts