Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Im going to be moving back to the area at the end of August so thought id see how much interest there was for having a Cambs meet, errrrrr 4?!?

The first 2 or 3 seemed to be quite popular and we had a good turn out, so before the good weather goes for good it would be cool to have a local meet, probably Cambridge somewhere during September maybe.

So wot dyalllllll think?!?

Cheers

Dave [:D]

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Orig Cambridge, then in Reading at Uni, now in Camberley/Frimley working, but moving back to Cambridge soon, I get about, lol

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hello all

Im going to be moving back to the area at the end of August so thought id see how much interest there was for having a Cambs meet, errrrrr 4?!?

The first 2 or 3 seemed to be quite popular and we had a good turn out, so before the good weather goes for good it would be cool to have a local meet, probably Cambridge somewhere during September maybe.

Cheers

Dave,

Cambridge sounds a bloody good idea as it is only 15-20 mins for us.

Where abouts do you usually meet up?

Russ

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hello all

Cheers

Hi Dave,

I'd be interested, depending on the date.

Jon

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, glad to see some interest [:)]

Well im going to have some 'free time' shall we say when I first move back for the first 2 or 3 weeks so im gonna be able to do anytime at all really, previously we have done Sundays, but its when ever ppl want it really!

As for venue, I thought about having somewhere different from before for a change, so we basically need a reasonable sized car park, a pub for food and drinks(non alcoholic beverages, lol)and a reasonable seating area, thats about it really, any ideas anyone?!? If we get really stuck we can always resort back to the old place!

I did think about 'The 'Plough' in Fen Ditton, great in sunny weather as u can sit outside by the river, but the car park often gets pretty full, food is cheap too!

·
Registered
395 Posts

Well im going to have some 'free time' shall we say when I first move back for the first 2 or 3 weeks so im gonna be able to do anytime at all really, previously we have done Sundays, but its when ever ppl want it really!

As for venue, I thought about having somewhere different from before for a change, so we basically need a reasonable sized car park, a pub for food and drinks(non alcoholic beverages, lol)and a reasonable seating area, thats about it really, any ideas anyone?!? If we get really stuck we can always resort back to the old place!

I did think about 'The 'Plough' in Fen Ditton, great in sunny weather as u can sit outside by the river, but the car park often gets pretty full, food is cheap too!
The only date we are not about is Saturday the 16th (on the Curry tour!!) but Sunday is good.

·
Registered
395 Posts

Any more thoughts on this idea??[:)]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I may be interested, just try and give us as much notice as poss, due to working shifts, if i know soon enough i can always change with some one else.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Maybe if people can list dates that they are not available on, then we can sort one where it is good for all??[:)]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts

The only date we are not about is Saturday the 16th (on the Curry tour!!) but Sunday is good.
Why don't all you Cambridge dudes join Russ and Lisa and come down to Reading on the 16th for a curry, and there will be a load of us London lot coming up to Cambridge on the 14th for Sir Cliff Richard's birthday curry too (and Lisa's [;)]) - could make that a mini meet [Y]

·
Registered
395 Posts
Why don't all you Cambridge dudes join Russ and Lisa and come down to Reading on the 16th for a curry, and there will be a load of us London lot coming up to Cambridge on the 14th for Sir Cliff Richard's birthday curry too (and Lisa's [;)]) - could make that a mini meet [Y]
This could be a good plan![:)]

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, the 14th sounds cool to me, thats Oct isnt it?

I think the 16th Sept may be a bit tricky for me, plus im trying to get away from Reading, lol, i wud highly NOT recomend the Raj btw, we waited like 50 mins to be seated, an hour to get served, and about another 40 mins for the food to come out there once, and when it did it tasted like a Tesco 90p microwave meal, if it wasnt for it being a peak night and no where else to go we'd of left.

Anyhoo, yeah back on track and we cud make the mini-meet/Cambs 4 at the Cambridge Curry place on Sat 14th Oct then, hows this sound? its a stones throw from town although i spose most people wud be driving actually thinking about it!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Fine with me mate. Maybe sort a place to meet up before going onto the curry house for chat and some pics if needs be??

·
Registered
654 Posts
Which Curry restaurant is this planned for?

I work on Castle Street in Cambridge where there are three curry houses and the smell coming from The Maharajah is amazing, spicey and appetising and it makes you feel really hungry. Ummmmm [:p] I have eaten at The Maharajah a few times and the food was good (I am no curry expert and I like mine mild [:$]) but the staff were friendly enough. I work with a guy who knows people who work there so I put a word in.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts