Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
No longer a Dubber
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend on another forum has a problem. If anyone can help, and please, only those with great experience, it would be greatly appreciated. I'll post a copy of his plea in my post below, as this forum hates iPhones and paragraphs! Thanks.

·
No longer a Dubber
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"I've just had the HD replaced in this MacBook as the last one went t*ts-up.

However, the heads on the old one are damaged and the repairers were not able to recover the data on it. ( Don't say back-ups or Time Machine as I hadn't backed-up and the old MacOs didn't have Time Machine. Yes I know...)

My query is, does anyone know of a service in the UK who might be able get the stuff back at a sensible price?

Thanks

steve"

·
Chief Troll
15,990 Posts
OK... so! Here goes

This is through http://www.ontrackdatarecovery.co.uk/!

------

Siobhan: Hi Richard, how can I help?

Richard: Hi... i have a harddrive with damaged heads that i need the data recovering off. How much would you charge roughly?

Siobhan: Is this personal or on behalf of a company?

Richard: personal... its a 2.5" macbook pro hardrive

Siobhan: Ok Richard, can I take a contact number from you?

Richard: Im not in a position to give out my number sorry...

Siobhan: My colleague can then call to discuss our pricing with you.

Chat Information
Please wait while I transfer the chat to 'Traci'.

Chat Information
You are now chatting with 'Traci'

Traci: Hi Richard!

Richard: hello

Traci: I see you have a drive with a mechanical failure.

Traci: How time sensitive is it for you to get back the data?

Richard: not particularly.... just need to know a rough idea of cost, so i know if its worth pursuing or not

Traci: Absolutely. For the most economical service level, the initial evaluation is £50.

Traci: Upon completion of the evaluation I would be able to send you a detailed file listing showing everything that is recoverable as well as the condition of the files.

Traci: If you choose to proceed at that point it would be an additional £495 for the recovery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.