Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

CALLING ALL 2002 1.4 S OWNERS!!

635 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MK4-Dan 
#1 ·
All,

Can somebody please confirm to me asap if the boot is centrally locked/unlocked in the same way the doors are?

It's not the "Match" trim level - only the S and so far I can't get a straight answer from anyone - including VW themselves!!!

Can anyone help me??

#5 ·
i work for vw and as far as im aware all mk4 golfs have boot central locking, usually the boot solenoid jams up only other thing is make sure the lock is in the right place as in one position it prevents the boot from opening. sure youve tried that tho

#6 ·
If the boot still dose not open, just check two things, do your interior lights light up? Also when your head or side lights are left on, with the door open and no key in the ignition, dose it make the beeping noise?

If none of the above work your best bet is to check your fuse's its usually a small 7.5 amp fuse that could be blown, it powers your interior lights, warning buzzer for the lights and the power supply for the rear boot lock.

I found out the hard way by tripping the fuse when fitting led interior lights and found out that the boot did not lock but the rest of the car did. [:)]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.