Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my Anni with its new owner, i picked up my new car last week - a 54 plate MR2 roadster. My Anni replaced my AmD modded TT due to the mileage i was doing at the time and was a great car - performance, economy etc.

I'm not doing the miles anymore and wanted something light, fun, Rwd and with 2 seats. MR2 won over the Elise as it will last and is slightly more practical.

MR2 is great though - still running in but the handling is superb - its light years away from the Anni (not suprisingly). I'd really forgotten how much i'd enjoyed driving. Another bonus is the Toyota approved Turbo kit coming out next year - 180bhp and 900kg is going to be fun... [}:)]

James.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Bit of a difference there James, my girlfriend's dad has one and it's a good little motor, even if it is a hairdressers car [:D]

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Quote: posted by coupe-sport on 16/09/2004 08:56:16

MR2 is great though - still running in but the handling is superb - its light years away from the Anni (not suprisingly). I'd really forgotten how much i'd enjoyed driving. Another bonus is the Toyota approved Turbo kit coming out next year - 180bhp and 900kg is going to be fun... [}:)]

James.

Well until you need to carry anything - Married Blonde had to take his Laptop out of its case to carry it in his (now) Mrs MR2.

Wife has an MX-5 not quite as good a setup as the MR2 but a bit more practical - we are off for a week driving round Wales on Sunday and will fit what we need in the boot.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Should have stuck with the Anni or TT me thinks personally!!

Nah been there done that. Wanted something light and fun. Thanks for all the comments and good to see a couple of people understand [^]

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Quote: posted by NikB on 16/09/2004 13:29:17

Sorry mate, it had to be done.

I have to admit Nik, that was the very first thing that came into my head.

When I was at school in the mid nineties.. a girl was talking about a car, I aske dher what it was and she said "It was a ferrari type car".. it turned out to be an MR2..[:O] I swear I never spoke to her again [:D]

·
Registered
14 Posts
just went the opposite way, traded mr2 in for golf. best move i made. anni is faster and more pratical. loved the little car though great fun an twisty roads. need 2 lower the mr2 and put 17" on

·
Registered
666 Posts
Don't comment on an MR2 until you have driven one.

They handle SUPERBLY and have about the best steering of any car I've driven (my in laws have one).

Unlike and Elise they are also very well made and have a few toys without the weight penalty of most modern cars.

Let me know about the turbo conversion - My Inlaws want more power from theirs - Will Toytoa ever consider the 190 engine from the Celica - That would be fun!

EVO mags didn't give the car five stars for no reason.

[^]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts