Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right just wanna see if anyone else has this problem too ?!

Went shoppin' on saturday for new work trousers.

Went to Next first of all, a few possibilities, then to Topman, nothing there suitable for work - too uber trendy, then to M&S (I was getting desperate now !) then to Burton, the best choice, tried on about 4 pairs, but none of 'em fit.. ! Went to Debenhams last of all, where everything on the 32 or 34 hangers was a 36 or a 38 !! Grrrr.. so I gave up and thought sod 'em and went off in a strop. Kate and I had a row too, so I wasn't in the best frame of mind either ! [:mad:]

They either don't fit around the waist and are okay in front or there is no room in front and the waist is okay (ish) ! Do they only make trousers these days for d1ckless wonders or what ? Felt like asking the staff "Am I meant to tuck it between my legs or what ?!" Grrrrr [:mad:]

I bet Jace'll reply "I don't wear smart stuff to work haha" too [:p]

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
They either don't fit around the waist and are okay in front or there is no room in front and the waist is okay (ish) ! Do they only make trousers these days for d1ckless wonders or what ? Felt like asking the staff "Am I meant to tuck it between my legs or what ?!" Grrrrr [:mad:]
I don't know boasting post again - LOL [:$]

Day to day work is jeans anyway in the office (or shorts in the summer) suite when on-site. I hate shopping for clothes so usually stock up when I find a pair that fit and I like.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Try River Island... and unless its a small package.. dont worry about it man just go round showing what you are packing.. I bet the ladies have a sneaky peek now and again... lol   its just like us checking out cleavage..! 

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
I had exactly the same experience on Saturday with the same shops. Except that Debenhams came up trumps for me as I quite like the " fitted " look. I got a nice Jeff Banks suit for about £150.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Try River Island... and unless its a small package.. dont worry about it man just go round showing what you are packing.. I bet the ladies have a sneaky peek now and again... lol its just like us checking out cleavage..!
I guess it is the same... cept cleavage is more on show lol. - Didn't try river island, goin back for trouser buyin part 2 this saturday, so will try RI then !

Well, apparently, accroding to an old (female) colleague of mine here, they were. Soooooo [:$] [:$]

·
Registered
495 Posts
Get a pair of Dockers chinos, very flattering, comfortable and smart. I'm guess like most pharma companies you have a no-tie, smart/casual dress code. Alternatively somewhere like the Hatfield Galleria (Hertfordshire) has an Austin Reed outlet store where you can pick up some very well tailored, smart trousers... none of this uber trendy IT consultant fashion.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What about moss bros, suit co etc, have you tried them?
Didn't think of them ! There's one of them in canterbury I think (bout 15 miles from me) might pop over tomorrow or thurs as i'm supposed to be off then [:)] cheers !

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Get a pair of Dockers chinos, very flattering, comfortable and smart. I'm guess like most pharma companies you have a no-tie, smart/casual dress code. Alternatively somewhere like the Hatfield Galleria (Hertfordshire) has an Austin Reed outlet store where you can pick up some very well tailored, smart trousers... none of this uber trendy IT consultant fashion.
Didn't think of them either tbh ! Good suggestion C. Yeah, well tbh, it's even more casual than that, you can get away with smart jeans and even trainers really, some do take the pee with it and go too far tho, but most just do no tie and smart trousers.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
"Am I meant to tuck it between my legs or what ?!" Grrrrr [:mad:]
So wrong on so many levels !!!

Dan stop trying to squeeze into hipsters and youll be ok.The "Shakira" look is so 2005 [;)]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"Am I meant to tuck it between my legs or what ?!" Grrrrr [:mad:]
So wrong on so many levels !!!

Dan stop trying to squeeze into hipsters and youll be ok.The "Shakira" look is so 2005 [;)]
LOL.. sorry for the matter of fact explanation, but that's what I almost said to them.. grrrr.

Hipsters - you cheeky sod ! :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts