Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were buying a new GTI what would you choose ?????

Including colour ......(HINT )

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Might seem a silly question wish but why did you sell the other one if you intend on buying a new one?

Interms of colour im affraid its easy for me: White if your feeling brave, black if your not

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I'm going for the Steel Grey Metallic.

Undecided about the Leather option as may want the funds for the Caractere kit instead.

Then again the leather looks rather nice.

Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats all.

I have got a GTI but it will be a year old in January. So its time to move on.

Im was set on a Focus ST 225 but ive now found out there are massive discount floating about already, so risiduals may not be as strong as i would like.

So its now either a S-Line A4 Avant or another GTI

I quite fancy balck, but there is something telling me i should go for another colour, My brother as you know has red so thats not an option

White...... ummmmmm just dont thing im that brave.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi Wish

Can you P.M me with details or post here what sort of discounts available on the ST and where from?. I only ask as I enquired with 2 dealers today as I want the ST 2 and have only been able to get the metalic free. Did you have a deposit from yours? and if so what was the delivery date?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
The cheapest I've seen the Focus for was just over 14k, and that was for a standard ST1, the ST3 was around 16k. It was an import company. If you want discounts give it a year, you won't get much at the minute.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Going off topic (not wanting this post to be moved)

I have found a ST2 the car i wanted for ?14800 on the road UK supplied.

we have had a discussion about it on www.boXa.net the company offering the deal is posted on there. I called them today to confirm the deatails and they stand by there word, but are looking at April delivery

·
Registered
366 Posts
Going off topic (not wanting this post to be moved)

I have found a ST2 the car i wanted for ?14800 on the road UK supplied.

we have had a discussion about it on www.boXa.net the company offering the deal is posted on there. I called them today to confirm the deatails and they stand by there word, but are looking at April delivery
Cheers Wish I will have a look over there, I can't beleive that price! I'm definately going to put my order in.

If I was going to buy another Gti I would get black with 18's, Sunroof, Xenons, Colour coded, Leather, armrest, phatnoise and upgrade what has to be the worst standard stereo set up of any car I've owned.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The only down side with that price is that you will be the second owner ?? Strange, but thats what the company told me.

Talking about theGTI - I havent found the stereo too bad ? and i wouldnt spec leather I love the retro cloth.

Remember Leather is for Audis

·
Registered
366 Posts
The only down side with that price is that you will be the second owner ?? Strange, but thats what the company told me.

Talking about theGTI - I havent found the stereo too bad ? and i wouldnt spec leather I love the retro cloth.

Remember Leather is for Audis
Leather is a waste of money but I honestly can't stomach the pattern in the Golf reminds me of an old ladies blanket[:)]

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thats the place, i called them today to confrm there prices and delivery times.

Its funny about the cloth trim, its like marmite, love it or hate it.

I love it from the first picutres

·
Registered
366 Posts
Shall we do a poll on who likes the interlagos cloth pattern or not?

I'm a bit undecided about it you see [:D]
Go for the leather it looks a lot classier IMO. Just don't expect your money back come re -sale!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Shall we do a poll on who likes the interlagos cloth pattern or not?

I'm a bit undecided about it you see [:D]
Go for the leather it looks a lot classier IMO. Just don't expect your money back come re -sale!
The plan is to keep it for 3 years you see so I want it to be a nice place to be. It's only money at the end of the day. (that's what i keep telling myself)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts