Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much do you think it would cost to get a front and rear bumper smoothed? I've got a mate at work who can do plastic welding, so I have asked him for a price to do this job. He reckons about 30-40 per bumper....

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
i paid near ?400 to have front bumper fully smoothed, that included having the valance blendid in too rather than having a smooth bumper then a seperate valance underneath, looks LOTS better that way. all sprayed up too.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! I think I better get him sign a contract or something then at those prices! I know what you mean about smoothing in the valance, but looking at Pat's car, with the smooth bumper and the anni valance, which is what I've got, I like the look of that.

Just need to get a front and rear bumper now to give him to work on...

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Wow! I think I better get him sign a contract or something then at those prices! I know what you mean about smoothing in the valance, but looking at Pat's car, with the smooth bumper and the anni valance, which is what I've got, I like the look of that.

Just need to get a front and rear bumper now to give him to work on...
I might have a spare front bumper if your interested? i dont fancy posting it off though.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the offer Mike, but I'm hoping the guy doing the work will be able to get me a front and rear for a very good price from some of the breakers he knows...

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Thanks for the offer Mike, but I'm hoping the guy doing the work will be able to get me a front and rear for a very good price from some of the breakers he knows...
Did you get it sorted in the end?

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I'm just off to pick up a bargain rear bumper taht I purchased on eBay, then to my local dealer who has a 4mo rear valance & a Cupra R splitter waiting for me. Then ontyo my paint guy who's gonna do the work. Including respraying the R32 front bumper we have (been lightly scrapped on a low wall) it'll be setting me back about ?400 plus ?50 for the bumper & valance.

Can't wait to see the finished article!

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey guys, iv started to supply bumpers that are already fully smooothed

get them from germany, they are made from abs plastic and quality and fitment if fantastic

look like a standard bumper but fully smoothed includin valance too

?250 each

just done mk4 for mate up here, he's got pics on eastside and edition , think he was plannign putting some on here too

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
He has posted here, nice work you've done!

I PM'd you on eastside but have now gone down the route of smoothing a standard bumper as I needed one with the exhaust cut outs like the 4mo and also still wanted the lip between bumper and valance so that it matches the .:R32 front bumper

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
mate im really interested in gtting my bumpers moothed any info and pics would be great where are you from
Gonna try to get some work in progress pics but chances are I'm not gonna get there while the work is going on.

I'm in Amesbury, just north of Salisbury. This is the bodyshop Initial Impact. Site not active yet but gives contact details. I'm dealing with Mike.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
It's taken sometime but apparently my rear is now smooth, ready for primer then paint. Gonna pop the front .:R32 bumper to them shortly so hope to snap some pics then.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Looking very nice, good finish too [Y] did you go with the same bodyshop in the end, last time i heard about it you werent best pleased with them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts