Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front right side light is out, so on the dash iv got the fault light on, Iv cleared with VCDS and it comes back on

I only use main beams anyway (xenons) i never use my sidelights.

With the weather etc i dont fancy taking all the front bumper off etc to then remove the headlights and then to change the bulbs.

So is there a way to turn the warning light off with VCDS?

Iv had a quick look round but cant find and coding to change!

·
Registered
971 Posts
only thing ive noticed when using vcds on mine is the `cold diagnosis for bulb` (something along those words) setting.

it may knock the warning light off if you deactivate this, but look into it 1st as its just a suggestion mate

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, yeah thats in the CECM, i deactivated the "cold lamp diagnostic" but still did the same, Iv also looked in the Instruments coding and nothing there.

@ v2brett If you dont mine me asking, where abouts in wests yorkshire are you?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well before on my standard headlights I could only just touch the bulb.
Now iv the xenon headlights I can't get no where near them.
I do need to take the bumper off. Also it only takes about 15 mins to get it off

·
Registered
971 Posts
didnt realise you had xenons. ive changed my sidelights on my xenons about 10 times mate (messing with leds etc)

just remove the small rubber cover and find the wires and give them a tug towards the centre of the car, because the bulbs point out towards the wings.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I manged to get the drivers side out pretty easy apart scrapping the knuckles.
But the passenger side I could not get to properly and I dint really want to pull to hard on the wires. So I removed the airbox which allowed me to grip the holder properly. Both changed and working now. Fault on dash gone aswell. The bulbs are Phillips blue vision. Slightly yellow compared to the xenons but not too bad. Many thanks for everybody's help. @ markf79. You was correct I bow down lol.

·
Registered
971 Posts
glad you got them sorted ok and if you want to match the xenon colour the leds with resistors look great fella if a little costly (probs an idea for next time they go)

Posted Image

or if you want to be different you can always try the U.S drl`s

Posted Image

1 - 19 of 19 Posts