Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hello to all that view this.

I recently managed to purchase a 52 plate, Golf MKIV 1.9 GTi TDi 150 bhp..Bout 75,000miles [all checked]. Now i've had everything checked out and had all the filters and all the oils changed, and the car is pretty well perfect. Now I have found i've got about ?800 left that i want to spend on the new baby.

Kinda of looking to get some reasonable suggestions?? Please... Thinking of getting it re-mapped,new front tyres,[getting low] ,but would also like to fit the Bora lighted vents and W8 light,new pedals.... just got an in-dash 6 cd changer,, so what should I do?

Thanks for any advice and thoughts....

·
Registered
548 Posts
dont buy stuff for the inside if you want bora vents buy a bora.keep it OE, Get yourself a Milltek exhaust & remap, maybe over ?800 but worth it.2nd hand Milltek's are always kicking about on this site.when it comes to buying a new motor you can take it all of and nobody will know.but thats my 2p worth

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, thanks... what details can you give me for remap and exhaust... And where are you in the country? And how long would you need The Baby?

·
Registered
5,761 Posts

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
go get a remap done from chippedUk, you won't regret it. Cheap than most places and it a custom map, with before and after figures. You'll have plenty of change from the ?800. Then get the suspension done, you won't gain much with a miltek in my opinion. Not a mod that would be on top of my list to do.

Spend the rest making it look nice from inside, thats where you spend the most time. Bora vents do look good, so do Bora clocks !!.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Newcastle and we'd need the car for a most of the day to be honest. There's a bit more info on the remap below...

http://www.dpmautostyling.co.uk/catalogue/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1151_1174_1190&products_id=3064

As for the exhaust, depends what your wanting? Full system, backbox?
DPM why is your remap so much more expensive than chippeduk remaps. Do you customise the map in house or is it a generic remap bought in and then tweeked. I know Jason does tweek the maps and does live mapping also.

Do forum members get a discount for a remap

Do forum members get this service free

http://www.dpmautostyling.co.uk/catalogue/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1151_1217&products_id=3100

·
Registered
548 Posts
an exhaust wont gain much? so forking out for the suspension will ? each to their own

get custom code if you can wait 3 weeks on them getting parts and fobbed of by the resellers.

Spend wisely.read the forums you will see whats good and whats not.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
I don't know much at all about ChippedUK so i can't really say why our remaps are more then theres, don't even know there prices! As for what we offer, we can pretty much do you anything you want depending on the vehicle. Forum members do get discount on all items we sell but no the VagCom session isn't free! As for gains from the exhaust, yes you won't gain much but it does help free up the gases and isn't a bad little mod... another advantage is getting performance mods done before or at the same time as the remap so we can incorperate them into the mapping of the car.

Hope this helps.

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
personally, i saw gains with my milltek turbo back

turbo spools up faster, less low down lag

also you can hear the turbo whistle so it sure does put a smile on your face

defo go for suspension, rear arb, remap

the rest is really how far you want to go - cosmetics or more performance....?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Have a look at AMD (although not sure of reputation). they do a remap and Milltek package. I've got revo and milltek on my PD150 - Awesome is the word to describe the combination.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Have a look at AMD (although not sure of reputation). they do a remap and Milltek package. I've got revo and milltek on my PD150 - Awesome is the word to describe the combination.
the guys and gals at AMD have always done a great job on my cars, took my V6 4mo and R32 there, the new S3 will also be popping in [:p]

·
Registered
641 Posts
an exhaust wont gain much? so forking out for the suspension will ? each to their own

get custom code if you can wait 3 weeks on them getting parts and fobbed of by the resellers.

Notice you have a new Seat Leon FR TDI 170. Any good?

·
Registered
641 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
the guys and gals at AMD have always done a great job on my cars, took my V6 4mo and R32 there, the new S3 will also be popping in [:p]
What you doing with the R32? I'm seriously thinking of swapping mine. Need more power and 4x4. Depending on price would prefer th R rather than the STI/Evo

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
What you doing with the R32? I'm seriously thinking of swapping mine. Need more power and 4x4. Depending on price would prefer th R rather than the STI/Evo
It is for sale right now, 2 interested parties at the moment but not sold yet, im looking for ?15,500 ono, pm oif interested m8y

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello chaps. Thanks for the ideas, will have to do lots of research now, but like the revo and miltek option best. And yes a Golf is not a Bora, regarding interior mods. And thamks DPM but which Newcastle?

Once completed i will let you know what I do and the outcome....and hopefully pictures...

·
Registered
548 Posts

only had it 4days but iam impressed so far, need to run in1st then we shall see.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts