Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
F*cking fuming with myself lol, swapping the Ecu back to the original cat-friendly one the other day I managed to get some grit between my prying tool and the bottom of the windscreen & a nice curved crack slithered it's way up the left side of the screen.:mad::poop:

Thankfully it's not right in the way & with luck our local tester's idea of "significantly obscured" lines up with mine, since the only affected area is pretty much sky & the corner where the tax disc would've been. Absolutely kicking myself though, I was being so careful & this is the first screen I've damaged in over 20 years faffing with cars (accidentally, at least lol)

Oh well, just a quick vent & reminder to be BLOODY careful removing the scuttle trim!

Oh, what kind of prices can I expect to pay for a new screen? The original is just a bog standard non coated/non tinted unit but depending what the prices are like might get a solar reflective one as it's got to be done.

· Registered
1,601 Posts
That's unlucky, least it still passed though.

I paid £85 excess to my insurers to get mine done. It's got tint along the top like the factory screens have, and which my previous screen did not.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, pleased really as it's not the most road-friendly setup lol. Initially failed on an evap code (forgot to connect a pipe, it decided to complete it's drive cycle mid-test!) and a nick in a CV boot but fortunately had a generic stretchy boot hanging round from another project so managed to sort it and get retested within a couple of hours. Dark and sleeting now so not about to rush out and get the Milltek downpipe back on but she's at least officially roadworthy for one day of the year!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.