Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been itching to clay bar my 4mo for ages but just haven't got around to it. Had a day off of work and decided that whilst the snow was falling I'd take advantage of my personal valeting studio garage[;)]

Here are the results after Meguiars next gen carwash, quik clay, more carwash, Meguiars next gen tech wax and fitting Tombees euro lights which I managed to find time for yesterday evening[;)] I am really impressed with the results and the paintwork is silky smooth[:D]

It's gonna be bad weather for the Essex meet on Sunday now and it'll all be my fault[B)]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I've just shot my load !!! [:I]

Thats one tidy garage set up, wish mine was like that[:(]

Oh, & your cars not too bad either [^]

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Has to be said, wonderful shine on that!

Oh I wish for a garage that would fit my car [:(]

I have to get one of these black VW badges... where did you get it from and what badges do you have on the rear?

Also my grill inserts are pretty dead after 127k, is it possible to buy direct replacements?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for the comments guys[:D]

Quote: posted by spg on 25/01/2005 15:38:03

Fair play mate, that looks bloody good.

Must have took a fair bit of time.

All day much to my other halfs disgust!![;)]

The black VW badges are available from vagparts and also all stealers, I am sure that the part numbers are on here somewhere, they are German Military.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote: posted by oxford on 25/01/2005 15:53:34

Any idea on how much it was? the black badge that is?

I think the pair were about ?15 (front and back)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Holy Sh!t that is one clean car! Wish i could find the time to give my car a clean like that! Looks unbelievable mate, nice work!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote: posted by g-master on 25/01/2005 16:44:10

Im lost for words!!! that is so clean mate! Just wondering how often do you use the car? Nice garage too.

To be honest I generally use the car 50% of the time, regardless of weather, my mk2 Gti comes in handy the rest of the time[;)] But I hasten to add, there is no way she's leaving the garage until sundays meet with the weather as it is now[:O]

I have been waiting for an excuse to give her a day of pampering and yesterday was it[:D]

As I said though it is bound to be crud weather on Sunday and it'll be covered in salt etc within 10 minutes of going out[B)][B)] Still be as clean underneath though[:eek:)]

Wish the garage was longer to get better shots[:eek:)]

With regard to the lighting there are 6 6ft twin flouro fittings with colour matching tubes (pure white light)[;)]

1 - 20 of 60 Posts