Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here ever bought from the Bristol Trade Centre in Netham Road in Bristol & if so are they a reputable comany? or do they just sell rubbish [:S]

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Both my Dad and my brother bought thier Golfs from BTC and they were a bargain.

That was 5yrs ago and no problems with the cars.(Watch out for the high pressure selling of loans and warrenty's)

Went back in a while back and they were too expensive especially on Golfs.

Thats not to say there aren't bargains on other makes!

Cheers Simon

GTi TDi Anniversary 1396

·
Super Moderator
9,133 Posts
Whatever you do, DO NOT buy from ALD. I bought my car from them and thought they were rubbish. Not only that, i got a warrenty with them, and still had to pay £120 when the alternator was replaced.

Definately wouldnt go there again.

BTC always seemed ok when i went to look though

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whatever you do, DO NOT buy from ALD. I bought my car from them and thought they were rubbish. Not only that, i got a warrenty with them, and still had to pay £120 when the alternator was replaced.

Definately wouldnt go there again.

BTC always seemed ok when i went to look though
BTC have told me that they purchase all ALD lease hire cars direct from them[:O]

Do you still think a car is worth viewing as it is 190 miles from me & don't really want to waste a 3 hr drive to see a shed lol.

·
Super Moderator
9,133 Posts
I think it is more the service etc at ALD then anything else.

It could be worth it, they have always had some nice cars there when i went in to have a look. Never spoke to any sales people though

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Hi Peeps,

I've had VERY BAD experiences with both companies (although must admit that I would always try and steer away from former lease cars anyhow due to the way they are often, but not always, treated).

Bristol Trade Centre were offering a W Plate Golf GTi 1.8T for ?8k last September and seemed to think that was competitive. It had done 110k miles and the front wings and bonnet had obviously been painted (the finish just didn't match). I think what go t me was the sales guy's consistant denial that any paintwork had been carried-out and it was OBVIOUS that it had been!

This may not apply to all their stock, but I would buy from them with with caution mate.

Maybe someone on here could take some pics of it for you first to save ya the journey? [:#]

Wigster.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts