Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
***CANCELLED***

According to my records, we are due to start our new style Bristol meets, and following our discussion at the last meet we agreed to go for a meal. Therefore, please may I have your names and suggestions for places to eat. I personally propose we keep the eating locations at Cribbs Causeway and stick to meeting at 1pm. Cribbs causeway, for those who dont know, encompasses the following eating establishments: Frankie and Bennys, Chiqutos(?). TGI Fridays, Bella Italia, Harvesters, Harry Ramsdens. Not forgetting the take aways which include McDonalds, Burger King, and KFC. Then there is always the food court at the Mall, where there should be something for everyone at a more affordable price. So lets here it people....are you coming?, and where would you like to eat? [<:eek:)]

Update: Look what "Burned" past me in broadmead yesterday as I entered the Galleries underpass:

Posted Image

Thats Right...."Gettin there" finally Got there. Sporting new wide side skirts, Lexus lights, tints, colour coded rear bumper and wacky front bumper. Sorry for the poor picture, but I had seconds in which to grab my phone to take a pic. The speed he drove through the tunnel suggests he was trying to prove something to my Little R-Line.

Also, proving the theory to be correct...if you wait long enough in the The Venue (Cribbs Causeway), some interesting things drive by, or even park up next to you. Its for sale too! Be Quick!

Theres a Rover under there somewhere!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its taxed (as can be seen, mounted on the dashboard), and comes comeplete with the Maxpower Fire Extinguisher.

Posted Image

Interested parties so far:

Estorilblue

Tom_Pearson

Ben_Faulkner

Spanner(?)

***CANNCELLED***

Due to lack of interest, and members being busy, I fear we will have to cancel this one....which is a shame becuase we have 2 new members willing to attend, and this is setting a bad example. Excluding the 2 new people, I really have to ask what happened to everyone who said they were going to come at the last meet? We agreed to make this a monthly thing, and all of a sudden only me and Rich are attending! Guys seriously...the key thing I said about making this work is support, we have gone from having 15+ on a good turnout to 2 (ex. new members). Im not going to rant, as I am not your self appointed leader. I choose to try and organise this stuff because you lot said you wanted it! It makes me wonder if all the phonecalls and time Ive put into researching Rolling Road Days, Go Karting and Paintball is worth it! Is it? I guess the next meet will tell.

Thanks to all those who said they would attend, and I appriciate those who took the time to reply to this thread even if they couldnt make it.

Once again, apologies for having to cancel.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Lol always some rubbish cars to be found around cribbs.

I'm afraid I can't make it this time lads. I'm up in Manchester for the weekend seeing Oasis, and staying over for a few nights with some mates in our new uni house. Hope you have a good one.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hopefully, I'll be able to make it to this meet, however (yet again) I'm down as being on call in the company calendar this weekend. Mind you, having been on holiday to Le Mans 2 weekends ago and then going to Goodwood FOS and Castle Combe last weekend it probably is my turn.

I'll have a clearer idea towards the end of the week so I'll keep you posted.

Good to see that Polo back in action. I saw it a few weeks back around the bottom of the M32 being driven horrendously.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
i'll be there as per usual, shame the other guys can't make it!

mike, that rover you posted, it says ?1600 in the rear window? if thats what they're giving i'll take it!

spanner, were you at the GT festival then at castle combe? i was there too! i kept a look out for any mkivs but only saw one nice grey r32.

·
Registered
837 Posts
spanner, were you at the GT festival then at castle combe? i was there too! i kept a look out for any mkivs but only saw one nice grey r32.
I saw a blue R32 in the car park behind Quarry, but my R32 was parked at home. I couldn't be arsed to drive after the journey to Goodwood the day before. Instead, we travelled to Castle Combe in proper style.....my mates Nissan R33 Skyline GT-R V-Spec. Now, the R32 draws a fair bit of attention but that thing was crazy. People actually shouted and asked him to floor it as we drove past !

The VW cup races were the highlights of the day for me. MUCH more entertaining than anything else.

As for the meet on Sunday, I'm still not 100%. I am now definitely on call, so if we decide to book anything I can't say for certain that I would be able to make it. However, I do want to come down....again, I'll keep you posted.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts