Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, goin back to Uni in early October, so would be very interested in a Bristol Meet. I think somewhere like Park Street would be a great place, and then we could all go to like a bar or something. Jus wondering how many people live in or around the bristol area. Put your name down if your interested or even jus live near bristol so i can see if its worth it. cheers!

Hon

·
Registered
345 Posts
There are quite a few Bristol boys here on the forum. Someone else was talking about trying to arrange a meet last week. The meets are usually held somewhere where parking is a little easier like cribbs causeway, as parkin will be murder around park street on a weekend.

Im working away in Milton Keynes but am coming home every other weekend so as long as we plan ahead i will definitly be up for it.

·
Registered
796 Posts
yeah I'd be up for that too but agree about Park St - multiple motors won't be parking next to each other up there - maybe a pub with a big car park - the Harvester opposite Harry Ramsdens at Cribbs has a beer garden plus car park...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've never been to a Bristol meet before, but I think we should get something organised....

How about meeting in the Warner Village/vue cinema car park at Cribbs 3rd October?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ah i cant do this 3rd because theres a open box sale at Richer Sounds on Whiteladies road...i guess i could go to cribbs afterwards. anyone spotted me around town yet? got a uk-mkivs sticker in my rear window ;-)

·
Registered
837 Posts
I'll probably be there.

Cribbs is good - LOADS of parking spaces at the end of the Warner Village car park - good for cheesy photos of all the cars parked up.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Cribbs is good, on a weekend afternoon, sooner rather than later because the weather is only getting worse!!!

PLEASE CAN WE HAVE MORE THAN 3 PEOPLE THIS TIME????

Do everyone a favour, and dont say your coming if your not, last time only 3 people showed up for a meet that should have numbered about 15, with even more that said maybe! Not only was it a wasted journey, but we (all 3 of us) waited over half an hour to see if anyone else showed up!

You know who you are! :)

Can we get an attendance list started?

·
Registered
837 Posts
As far as I remember there was confusion as to whether the last meet was actually on, hence the lack of attendance.

However, attendance list sounds good.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'll come along but can't do this Sunday (3rd) I'm afraid, next Sunday would be much better!

Erm, as per my other suggestion how about just up the road at the Harvester pub by Harry Ramsdens? Its just if we park up at the end of the Vue car park we're close to the Chavvy types who hang out at Burger King and KFC!! Its got a big car park, plus we could have a sneaky pint whilst admiring each others motors... :eek:)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
hey guys, is this just a bristol meet or a club meet? either way is it ok if i tag along?

either week is good for me, i'm from sodbury btw.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Hey Blue V5, this is open to all my friend...come along! The more the merrier!

Would prefer it if it were not this sunday, rather the next, as I need to get some new tyres!

Guys, Not too sure about the Harvester idea. Its very busy there on a Sunday, and if we hang around too long they will probably kick us out when we are not drinking, as I doubt they will like it when we stop buying and start looking at cars!

The VUE carpark is so large and shared by so many operations that the Golf meet goes un-noticed, which means we can spend as long as we like there! :)

++++ its fun to hang out in the chav Burger king area, they drool so much, and every Nova boy that enters the car park nearly crashes to get a good look! :)

So Sunday 10th October good for everyone?

Seriously, Gengar can we get a list going? Its only 2 weeks away!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.