Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OFFICIAL : THE NEW PLACE FOR THE SOUTH WEST ENGLAND MEET! [;)]

Guys and Gals,

Building on the success of the Bristol Meet on Feburary 6th, Im going to try and get it going on a Bi-Monthly basis, hopefully then its not so frequent that it interferes with your everyday lives, but its frequent enough that we want to keep attending. Also by writing the dates in stone, you have more scope to make plans.

Therefore the next meet will fall on 3rd April 2005, thats the first sunday of every other month.

Proposed dates for the remainder of the year would be:

5th June 2005

7th August 2005 - Cancelled! clash with Billing Meet*

2nd October 2005

4th December 2005

*Planned South West Covoy to Billing, Friday 5th August 2005. See http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53793 for more information.

Seeing as the location and time is agreeable with most people, I see no point in changing that either.

Therefore, the next meet will be:

Sunday 3rd April 2005, 1pm, Cribbs Causeway, VUE Cinema carpark (Burger King end).

I still think its a good idea to register interest for each meet, to give people an idea of turnout, but hopefully we can start to hit the 20+ mark. So please let everyone know! I would really like to make this meet a focal point for welsh owners too, as combining the meets will only be better for us all.

Also in an effort to improve communications and to break the ice a little, Im starting a new post in the Regional meets in which you can post 1 picture, of yourself and your car (up to 2 pictures in total please). Please do not post anything else other than this in that thread, as its just a place for reference, rather than discussion. In order that people may see who owns what car. Thus if you want to ask someone something specific about their car, you can find them easily etc. This new thread will be called "Bristol meet, meet the people!", http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=52459

Hopefully people will see im trying to make the whole thing easier and less intimidating for new members.

Interest for this meet:

1.Estorilblue (+1?)

2.LiQuOrIcE

3.Andrew

4.Turbo Batch (+1?)

5.spanner

6.hornetrider

7.MattyV5

8.Blue_V5

9.maggspeed23

10.SnrDiggan

11.marty

12.Mikedav(?)

13.Stokers

14.Deadlock

15.sparrow

16.Starry

17.timmy

18.Higgim

19.DMHelyar

20.silversurfer

21.W36 EJO

22.MrForsythExeter

23.Golfgirl(?)

24.BeezerDiesel

25.jamesmac

With the way this is going, i think its about time Bristol led the way in becoming THE South West place to meet. We are already drawing members in from Devon, Wales and other outh of the way places, so lets welcome them and make these meets bigger and better!!!!

Help me raise the numbers guys!!!

Thats potentially 26! WELL DONE!

LETS GO FOR 30!!!!!!! [:D]

Still waiting to hear from the following, who put their names down for the last meet....come on guys...its gonna be huge!!!

Gengar

Dubjon

Lee-Gti

·
Registered
345 Posts
Mike is the official Bristol meet coordinator now, after his skills with arranging the foto and now with this. You get to wear a special sash mike!

Maybe we could get club gti involved

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes i am up for that sound realy good!!!! will try to get somemore welsh people over there this time. if i see a golf i will stop them and let them know about the site and the meet. cannot wait for the 3 april

·
Registered
34 Posts
Count me in.

I will add some pics as soon as I clean my car (could be a while then) and get my little bruv (Dubjon) to show me how to host and post pics..

·
Registered
175 Posts
count me in i missed the last one i will send the missus to cribbs for the day haha is this sign posted from m5 coming from cornwall

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Quote: posted by marty on 19/02/2005 21:55:31

count me in i missed the last one i will send the missus to cribbs for the day haha is this sign posted from m5 coming from cornwall

Its a good 2 1/2 ours from Kernow mate! But yeah, Cribbs is signposted just after Bristol. Its literally off the motorway...damn you lot for making this a big one now, this would have been perfect when I lived in Exeter but its a swine from here! Might still come though

[:D]

·
Registered
796 Posts
J17 off the M5, turn right at the motorway exit, then head straight, you will see the big Vue cinema complex on your right, we meet at the top of that car park outside the bowling alley, near Burger King and KFC

hth

·
Registered
571 Posts
I might make this one, as I currently work in Exeter, so I wander past Bristol every week.

Guess this means I'll have to clean my car and post some pics in the Bristol Peeps thread [:D]

1 - 20 of 117 Posts