Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any VW breakers yards in the North West. I'm after a rear middle headrest in black. Can't seem to recall and VW yards in this area.

Cheers

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
I think there's one off J2 of the M66 at Bury. They always advertise in the back of the Trader

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by MikeTDI on 06/12/2004 12:02:25

golf nutz in northwich too i think

They are in middlewich now, and they tend to deal with Mk1, 2 and 3.. more than anything else really...

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Hey hey!! Ade, I have met you before anyway, when awesome were still at audley, and you had your red Mk 4 Polo. I had a Mk3 polo gt, then a black Mk4 16V.

Didn't realise you lived that locally tho!!

I was chatting with jim about the adjustable tie bars for camber adjustment on the 4mo/TT at utterly VW and am going to pop up at some point... he was telling me how good the cupra R is and saying he'd let me have a see just how quick it is!!! (Downpipe and chip upgrade!!)

[:D]

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
And I remember you had heated seats and air con in your polo cos it was glx spec, and being jealous as hell cos I thought I had the highest spec polo you could buy.... [:(!]

hehe

how my priorities have changed!!![:D]

I'm sure I have seen that polo of yours driving around crewe... a youngish lad in it??

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
lol yes, german import :)

indeed although my wife wants the polo back! yes i believe he lives in astbury! effectively got just ?1000 for it in the end :( couldnt sell the damn thing cos of the bits on it... insurance and all

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I got mugged for mine too... mine was a 97 P, had decent suspension, a stainless and some 16" wolfrace voodoo's on it (With vw badge), and a debadged front grille.

the car was sold by top marques in sandbach for 5,900 at the time, when they had effectively given me ?2,700 on it...

rip off merchants.. but i had to sell at the time.[:(]

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
lol i tried selling mine to them also but wouldnt take it due to the GLX model not being avail over here and them trying to get info on it...

Mine went to a garage in alsager, trade in on a 911 that broke within 24 hours of me having it :(

·
Registered
371 Posts
And I remember you had heated seats and air con in your polo cos it was glx spec, and being jealous as hell cos I thought I had the highest spec polo you could buy....

hehe

how my priorities have changed!!!

I'm sure I have seen that polo of yours driving around crewe... a youngish lad in it??

also seen the old polo running around, once saw it on the road from sandbach to crewe in a pub at the first crossroads from sandbach!

@Evilhomer.....may see you around Sandbach sometime, my gf lives there and i am often up there!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by Alex1.8T on 09/12/2004 19:34:11

And I remember you had heated seats and air con in your polo cos it was glx spec, and being jealous as hell cos I thought I had the highest spec polo you could buy....

hehe

how my priorities have changed!!!

also seen the old polo running around, once saw it on the road from sandbach to crewe in a pub at the first crossroads from sandbach!

@Evilhomer.....may see you around Sandbach sometime, my gf lives there and i am often up there!

Hiya bud, which polo my old black one, or ade's red one? Mine is still floating about crewe because as fate would have it the car came to LC Charles VW as a trade in, and one the valeting lads bought it!!!

Small world int it, I see you are a similar age to me, who's your missis? (Pardon me for being nosey!!![:eek:)])

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by awesomeade on 09/12/2004 20:29:39

Hi Alex, i keep seeing it there too ! lol

Posted Image

Aww, ya beat me to it!!! hehe question answered.

Still looks nice!!! Im trying to think which pub you are on about...[?]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts