Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my brakes are starting to show sign or wear, you know, not as sharp as they used to be. could be due to the revo........

anyway.

if i get them done at VW, what is the price difference between getting them to fit "standard" brakes back on, and getting them to swap/upgrade me to the anni setup?

·
Registered
927 Posts
shouldnt be a vast price difference in the discs, its only another 24mm of metal!

Pads should be the same, so the biggest cost, as always, will be the 312 carriers.

this is what you mean yeah?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a 1.8t........

and if my brakes wear out, i may aswell upgrade to the anni brake setup.........how much?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I would certainly recommend a brake upgrade to go with the power hike
you've given your 1.8T!! The anni/v6 mo brake setup would be the
cheapest option. The callipers etc aren't that hard to come by these
days especially s/h, and the pads etc are reasonably priced.

However this work at VW? The cost will go thro' the roof, get someone independant mate is my advice, you'll save wads of cash!

·
Registered
927 Posts
do you have to have anni brakes?

they're the same size as s3/4mot brakes-312mm, only the colour is different iirc?

All you need is the 312 carriers and bigger 312 discs !

Why not consider a set from golf-turbo on here?

·
Registered
581 Posts
As you probably know i did the anni upgrade on my old 1.8T. i had john austins do the work and supply the zimmerman drilled disks and pagid pads for an amazing price. I sourced the carrier and anni callipers myself for ?165.

Deffinately a worthwhile upgrade

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
remember you don't need the calipers just discs pads and carriers and you could do that yourself or quite easily with the help of a fellow member

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
because the calipers you have are the same as the anni ones albeit not red.

Sorry Seraph i was replying as paul said he bought calipers as well which you don't technically need

·
Registered
927 Posts

Sorry Seraph i was replying as paul said he bought calipers as well which you don't technically need

no worries dude, jus me being my pedantic self!

infact someone on here did a how to on painting their 20vt callipers in anni red. may have been zekegti

im surprised you werent aware of this essexessy? i thought everyone was aware of this upgrade

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
G, Goflturbo on erhe sells em for a very good price all in. it's a VERY good price. Think there may be a thread in the gb section about it. I got mine (albeit used) for ?170 fitted. had to drive to cider country to get em fitted mind but I saved on the labour cost. Disks are a bit worn but they've got a year or so left yet.

You need, discs and carriers. The calipers are the same (Anni kit will be red) and as such so will the pads. The carriers are the pricey bit though. think they summink like ?150 from a stealers. Prob best just go with steve's deal. it's on ebay too so just look it up.

EDIT - Link to gb thread.. http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/342744/ShowPost.aspx

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
GSF do the V6 discs for ?42.50 each (312mm)......good price or?

then i need pads and carriers?
Yeah but the carriers will be at least ?100. if not more like ?130 ish.. maybe up to ?150 ish at worst. Your still gonna be best off with steve's deal, imo.

?120 for carriers.

?90 for discs.

Lets say ?230 cos postage of those discs will be a bit.. (they are pretty heavy). and then you still need pads....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts