Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, i'm having brake issues...... There is no air in the syatem as it's been extensively bled and the pedal feels great when it's being bled with the engine off.... start the engine and the pedal goes all soft and is almost on the floor before I get any brakes...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that so took it back to the garage and they bled it up again for me saying it's nit air in the system if I have a good pedal when the engine is off and goes soft when I start the engine, they seem to think it's the vacuum pump or the servo that is at fault but I don't want to go chucking money at it until I'm sure as they have been somewhat vauge...
Also the red brake light on the dash is flashing but the fluid us full? It doesn't come on when you start the car but does when you start moving?
Thanks
Mark

Ps I had a rear brake pipe replaced is why the brakes were bled to start with

·
TEAM 88 MOTORSPORT
8,901 Posts
I know the seals on the brake master cylinder are prone to damage when bleeding using the brake pedal. VW recomend bleeding by pressurising the system rather than pumping the pedal. Is there a chance your garage have damaged it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah was bled by pedal, if the seals in the master cylinder were burst would I get my symptoms? Pedal basically works fine but has a good bit of travel before it works and the light is annoying!

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great info Madman, I'll take it to the garage and have them follow that as the guy is a mate so won't be put out by me turning up with that....

Thanks
Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts