Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know ther is a thread on this somewherem but the search facility still is not working.....

So......

This stuff ROCKS!!!

the difference is really noticable.....not just, hmmm i think its better, but IT IS BETTER!!!!!!

the 2RON make ALL the difference!

anyone esle loving this?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've been using BP Ultimate for a few months now, after years of using supermarket petrol. I think my car runs so much better. I tried Shell Optimax a couple of times, but I've always found BP Ultimate to be better - or it could have been my imagination [*-)]

·
Registered
412 Posts
I usually use optimax... the only difference I noticed when I used BP is how expensive it is... in fact I cant say that I've found any difference between any of the super unleadeds... Placebo?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have tried BP, Shell and a couple of supermarket super unleaded and I have found them all to be the same IMO. But I do notice a big improvment when using super/97, 98 ron.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i used to use ultimate unleaded for a while then thought id try optimax and it felt better for some reason - cant really explain what was better except the car was nicer to drive than on ultimate imo. so i started to use only optimax for the car instead.

anyways i was forced to use ultimate again the other day as the car was quite low and i hadnt seen a shell garage on my way down to where i was leaving, so popped into the bp on the way back and now my car feels better than when its on the optimax!

so... theyre probably just as good as each other [:p]

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Never tried the BP stuff but optimax makes my 1.8t run so much better than standard unleaded. I have one of those points cards for shell so never go elsewhere but might try the BP and see if any diff

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Im currently using BP Ultimate after my car drinking Optimax for the first 20months of its life.
I believe Optimax has a tendancy to go off quite quickly so can be hit and miss, especially at quiet stations.

I have nothing but praise for Ultimate though, very consistant indeed.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I used BP Ultimate for about 3 months and then switched to Optimax for 3 months to see which was best.

I noticed no difference in economy or performance with Ultimate, but got a better mpg with Optimax.

As a result I continued using Optimax and use nothing else now. It's cheaper than Ultimate, but my nearest Shell garage is about 10 miles away[:(]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts