Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
List of current mods

Interior:

• Full black, heated (old style) black leather with retro fitted loom
  • Illuminated Bora vents
  • Bora sport clocks
  • Retrimed OEM steeing wheel in perforated leather and red sticking (1" thicker than standard)
  • Black Passat interior mirror
  • Retro fitted cruise control
  • Boot interior trim sprayed in enamel satin black

Exterior:

• Satin black sprayed grille and badge
  • Satin black sprayed rear badge, all others removed
  • Gloss black vinyl roof (DIY)
  • Bora Aero front wipers
  • De-wipered rear
  • MK5 GTI aerial
  • Textured black B-pillars
  • Smoked black side repeaters
  • JOM Bonnet bra
  • Textured black fuel flap
  • Front wind deflectors (very underated mod)

Chassis:

• Front lowered on Eibach coilovers with 200lb rated springs
  • Rear lowered on Jamex coilover and spring kit
  • Fronk FK ARB 23mm with Rover 200 drop links
  • Rear Eibach ARB 25mm (bolt on style without drop links)
  • TT rear axle bushes
  • 17x9.5 unknown brand alloys ET15 (aprox) 215/45 tyres
  • 17x8.0 unknown brand alloys ET20 (aprox) 205/45 tyres

Engine:

• Standard TDI 150PD ARL engine with R-teck remap, running 196bhp / 318ft/lbs (was running 156bhp standard)
  • Home made gear box mounted short shifter link (from spare original) and cut down stick inside
  • "Panzer" sump guard, (doubles as lower strut brace effectively)
  • Powerflex "Red" diesel uprated dog bone mount bushes

Ice:

• Blaupunkt MP3 / Bluetooth single DIN head unit
  • Vibe 12 Active Sub / amp combo
  • Front Fli Underground component speakers

To do list:

• Joey mod Depo angel eye headlights in satin black (lights already in my possion in chrome)
  • 312mm Front brakes
  • Dye roof linning and spray all trim in black
  • All rub strips on bumpers and doors to be satin black (in progess)
  • Milltek De-cat + EGR delete pipe
  • TT pedals
  • Anni side skirts in satin black

Thought it was finaly time to show my car and its progess as i've had it a year now.

here it is / was, 2003 99k 150PD £3700 bought Jan 2010 in bog standard form, bar slight rust to arch and tow bar

Ive had a few dubs now, including 2 Polo G40's, a Passat B5 TDI and a Mk4 V5 so this wasn going to stay standard long but i do need to drive most days and i am tight as a ducks backside so everything has been done very cheap!

i managed to source a brand new pair of front Eibach Pro-streets for just £50! paired with some old shocks / springs for the rear from my V5.

I also had been hand refurbing some LM's in the mean time which were mounted the same day

and here is how she sat, bit high at the back but ok for now

Since this the car had been treated to 15mm spacers out back £30, home made black badges and grille £5, red bra £30, MK5 aerial £8 and a black vinyl roof £30 (which for a first time atempt i was very pleased with) and some Lupo mirrors £10

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
A tenner for some Lupo mirrors?! Take it that's a typo!

Like the roof, not sure on the bra thing, not my thing I guess.

Wheels and bodywork look nice and clean[Y]

Any plans for the engine? If tuning's your thing you got the right derv.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In addition to the chassis mods, the car had a FK front ARB and a rear ARB too, all top mounts and bearings were replaced.

This lead to me getting a little over excited and breaking a few bits!

mainly 3 BBS rims, a track rod end / arm and a bent rear axle!

car has been relegated to running on 16" steels for the last 4mths now but does go in a straight line again!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A tenner for some Lupo mirrors?! Take it that's a typo!

Like the roof, not sure on the bra thing, not my thing I guess.

Wheels and bodywork look nice and clean

Any plans for the engine? If tuning's your thing you got the right derv.
nope 10 quid! pair of manual flat black mirros.

just built them up on the car with the golf motors inside and then sold the old silver mirror caps for £30

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
R-tech saw the car back in September and found that it produced a healthy 156BHP as standard, even with leaky intercooler seals, £200 later and she has 196BHP/318FT/LB

a full set of 5-door black heated leathers now sit inside along with home made loom.

Bora clocks came along at the right price eventually but i decided to keep the golf needles just because i prefere the look

Also a lad at work was trading in his Bora for an Astra (tool) so rather than let Vauxhall get them, we did a few swaps and i now have completely free aero wipers and bora illuminated vents (well almost free, my scuttle panel took a beating and needed replacing)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Top work pal. Never really considered bora clocks, but they do look good.

VWs always seem to rolling road at higher outputs than their badge for some reason. Even so, 196 after a map is good. Heard good things about R-Tech. Might have to try them if I ever get round to fitting a decent size turbo!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As i've recently sourced some new rear coilvers so it was sime to get some decent alloys again.

and some how, these, in a fully refubished state, with genuine centre caps come my way for £250, including deivery from a shop! even they couldnt believe just how cheap the ebay auction had reached!

Although fitted in this photo 30mm spacers appeared to be quite hard to find for less than £200!

I've got a pair or 225/40's for the rears ready to go on and 215/40's for the fronts but the valves need to be bolt in type of about 50mm long, not easy to find!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Really liking this mate, cant believe how cheap you got those alloys! Not jealous or anything[:|] I was bidding on a set the other night that finished at 340 and I thought that was cheap

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I do love the rims but my brakes look silly behind them,

its going to be in desperate need of 312mm fronts and red calipers

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tyres are now fitted to the rear twists (the hard ones)

I promised myself i wouldnt be fitting these untill the salt had gone and the pot holes had been filledbut seeing these now i cant wait

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Soapy water, water and then more water!!

on the roof and both side of the vinyl, also mine has a couple of bubbles, not really noticable but i know they are there.

I wish i'd used matt black as its harder to see bubbles

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Nice build mate, impressed with your speed. Porka's always look good on silver, will be sweet.

And I thought I was good at getting deals! Your the don! In the words of Lock Stock 'It's a deal, it's a steal, its sale of the fricking century!' [Y]

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the comments,

to be honest im not 100% sold on the red bra either but it certianly stands out, but it flaps a bit at any more than 80mph

Nice build mate, impressed with your speed. Porka's always look good on silver, will be sweet.

And I thought I was good at getting deals! Your the don! In the words of Lock Stock 'It's a deal, it's a steal, its sale of the fricking century!'
lol I'm just tight fisted, to the point i annoy people i think, i refuse to pay over the odds for things. for example I need some 312mm caliper carriers but there is no way i'm going to pay more then 20 quid for them.

Its normally a case of biding your time and taking advantage of badly advertised ebay items.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts