Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after much deliberation on here and at home etc, finally took the plunge and bought a new MKV GTI, WooHoo...!!!!! [:D][:D]

Went for a test drive etc today and ended up leaving the showroom ?20.5K poorer but soon to be the proud owner of a brand new Tornado Red 3 door with 18's and armrest/changer

Should be picking her up next saturday hopefully, just got to start saving up for some Optimax now....! [:p]

·
Registered
307 Posts
I only picked mine up 3 weeks ago (its is 10 months old) the GTI is a great car. Already had it remapped by APR.

Good for you on your fine choice on motor vehicle.

PS I think laser blue is best though[;)][:D]

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Silly fool......

It wouldnt be like this one would it???

Posted Image

I knew i shouldnt of let you have a go lol

Well done mate, enjoy.[Y]

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah John, exactly like that one mate [:D]

I blame you for letting me have a go of yours and costing me ?20K lol!! [;)][:p]

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
It's only money, (Says curley with holes in his trousers) tell Emm to work more hours to pay for the Optimax lol

Rubbish them cars total waste of money[:p]

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Beddie, sounds like you have a nice motor lined up......somehow it doesn't seem right.... whenever I see our posts I always picture those seats in your Bora.... mmm mm mm.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Beddie, sounds like you have a nice motor lined up......somehow it doesn't seem right.... whenever I see our posts I always picture those seats in your Bora.... mmm mm mm.
Cheers mate, i have'nt actually seen the car yet as it's sat in a compound at Milton Keynes somewhere so the next week is going to drag soooo sloooowly lol! [:D]

I must admit i'll miss the seats in the Bora, but the ones in the GTI are pretty sweet too.... [:p]

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Cheers mate, i have'nt actually seen the car yet as it's sat in a compound at Milton Keynes somewhere so the next week is going to drag soooo sloooowly lol! [:D]

I must admit i'll miss the seats in the Bora, but the ones in the GTI are pretty sweet too.... [:p]
It'll be most probably at Grimsby, only the Press cars end up at MK, even the Bentley factory registered ones don't make MK.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Congratulations Beddie, and good specs to order too.  Perhaps you should have heeded the warnings of others on here and NOT gone for a test drive.  We all know that the test drive will cost you at least 20K, why do people do it?

·
Registered
159 Posts
welcome back to the petrol world beddie!!!!.......looks like shell's proffit will be up a few % this year thanks to you [:)]

top motor though mate, cant wait to see it.......can i have a go [;)].

only 6 days to go now!!!!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Haha you MUST have loved it, after the utter bullcrap that dealer gave you mate... Welcome to the newer side of the fence [;)]

Congrats mate, at this rate, definitely gonna be a bit common [:$] [;)] *RUNS*

C

PS - just kiddin mate [;)]

·
Registered
159 Posts
Not on your life mate......lol!! [:p]
awwww c'mon dont be like that, didnt you once say something like "you got to give a new engine a hard life from the start, that way it doesnt know the difference so it cant complain"....... actually you was on about the new works van lol.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
awwww c'mon dont be like that, didnt you once say something like "you got to give a new engine a hard life from the start, that way it doesnt know the difference so it cant complain"....... actually you was on about the new works van lol.
Quite correct young man!, however the above is a special and little known rule which only applies to company vans...

In fact in the small print of the above 'Beddie's law of van driving', it does say that 'your own ?20K car should in no way be treated ANYTHING like the works van'.......

Don't think i'll be washing the GTI in neat TFR every week with a yard brush either.....lol! [:D]

1 - 20 of 44 Posts