Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellas,bought my gti in may and still not here?

Anyone else dealing with Micronet showroom in Nottingham.

Ordered 23rd march and was given a date of 27th may for arrival of the car.

Been strung along ever since i.e. paperwork,stuck in germany ,registration and excuses go on.

Unfortunately you have to pay the balance off 10 days before delivery date ,so now paid 21k and no car?

By the way ,car was less than 18k ,so stuck a load of extras on.

Help[:'(]

Thx

Longy

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Threaten them with legal action to recover your monies useless they can give you a firm delivery date & tell them that if they do not stick to this date, your solicitor will issue proceedings against them. Good Luck !

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I've read of them being slagged off in other forums [:O]

How much deposit have you paid? I certainly would not hand over ?21k for a car you have not even seen.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Has the car actually been built ? I thought that if it had been imported it had to be registered in the UK within so many weeks. I'd also want something back to cover the interest they are earning on your 21k

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Fellas,bought my gti in may and still not here?

Anyone else dealing with Micronet showroom in Nottingham.

Ordered 23rd march and was given a date of 27th may for arrival of the car.

Been strung along ever since i.e. paperwork,stuck in germany ,registration and excuses go on.

Unfortunately you have to pay the balance off 10 days before delivery date ,so now paid 21k and no car?

By the way ,car was less than 18k ,so stuck a load of extras on.

Help[:'(]

Thx

Longy
....Too late for you unfortunately, but others please listen up.... NO! you DO NOT need to pay any stealer-dealer 10 days in advance. They all ask for that, VW authorised included, but the workaround is to pay with a Bankers Draft on the day you collect your car. A Bank Draft is a guaranteed bank to bank cheque which doesn't have to clear. Honour Among Thieves = Honour Between Banks!! The small extra fee saves hassle.

Also your insurance certificate for your new car can be obtained ready for delivery day by giving your insurers the new car's chassis number (they are obliged to accept it). The chassis number is available as soon as the car is built.

And, if you want, you can handle DVLA registration too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paid in full m8[:'(][:'(]

Where did you hear about them?

Imported an audi from a dealership in denmark,then went and picked car up.No problem then.

Was a toss up about using Micronet then but decided on importing myself instead,that was about 4 years ago.

I checked the references on the site and they all were quite happy with the service.

They are saying that they have 40 gti`s on order,with 8 due now.If everybody has paid thats 160k

Thx

Longy

·
Registered
40 Posts
Amazed that these guys are still in business.

From another site.

If you have a few spare hours and want to see over 100+ complaints on Micronet Showroom

Try www.talkaboutautos.com
under uk car imports

or

from google uk.rec.cars.imports

both partners are banned from being company directors, they are being investigated by oft, autotrader, TS and watchdog

·
Registered
178 Posts
I too have heard that these guys have a very poor reputation - mainly due to their name being dragged through the mud on watchdog.

However, priced up my current car on their website and they are incredibly cheap for a UK supplied car - worked out to about a 14% discount! Are they too good to be true?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah .they are decent prices ,if the company were any good.Price of the car with similar spec to yours + 18`s was ?20.753 with 3 year warranty.Not bad if they could actually deliver,but they can`t.

Owner is going to pay back over 18 k of my money,until the car can be delivered.

Won`t hold ny breath cos I have read up on the company

Thx

Longy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I too have heard that these guys have a very poor reputation - mainly due to their name being dragged through the mud on watchdog.

However, priced up my current car on their website and they are incredibly cheap for a UK supplied car - worked out to about a 14% discount! Are they too good to be true?
Asked for my balance payment that I made on the 18th may and got that back today .

We are going too dom republic a.m. friday and said to the owner that I was not going on holiday and worry about all that money

and no vehicle.Told him I had read all the bad press about his company and was emailing /telephoning everyday this week.He responded to all emails etc immediately ,but did not tell him I was going to his office pm today.Was 1 hour from jetting down there when bank rang to confirm a payment of over 18k back into my account.[:D].Job sorted!

Did promise to have vehicle to me on the 11th aug,but we are away until 21st aug,so wanted car delivered 1st sept for 55 plate.

We`ll see what happens when I get back, at least he can`t earn interest on the money and he told me I only pay when vehicle is delivered/picked up.

Thx

Longy

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
id have asked for the full 21k back, and if he wanted a deposit id have
given him a 2 or 3 k deposit on a credit card, that way if he goes bust
your fully protected by tyhe consumer credit act, howevr if he goes
bust now you will lose your money.

·
Registered
737 Posts
There's no way I would hand over all the money 10 days before I collect the car; if the company goes out of business in the interim period then you become a creditor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered my GTi 3rd week of january from my dealer (who where shit) estimated a delivery date to be march 16th, then they said.. its being made march 16th ... arrived april 16th... thats a long enough wait for me!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I ordered my GTi 3rd week of january from my dealer (who where shit) estimated a delivery date to be march 16th, then they said.. its being made march 16th ... arrived april 16th... thats a long enough wait for me!
Hi everybody,just a quick update with order from micronet - nothing!

Managed to get most of my money back and was looking for a gti in autotrader (only 4 in the country) that were private sales.And am now the proud owner of a very nice 5 door pearl black golf gti that has put the biggest smile on my face ,and given me such enjoyment after the six months of waiting and dealing with micronet .

What a car!

Do not be tempted to deal with this company,they will just hold your money and not order your car,oh and they are very slick with the excuses too.

Been a very good week me thinks![:D]

Thx

Longy

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Longy, glad it finally came together in the end, and you're now the proud owner of the GTI grin (as well as the GTI itself [;)])

C

1 - 20 of 20 Posts