Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Bose Uprated Stereo - What do you get?

Mk4 Golf 
Tags
mk4 golf
4K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Mister_E 
#1 ·
Hi

I have a Mk4 Gti and when i bought it was told it has a Bose Stereo upgrade. The stereo is very good in the car and sounds like i have a sub and the sound is very clear.

Was i fed bullpoo poo when i bought it and they have good stereo's as standard? Or will it be Bose? What do you get thats different if it is Bose?

Cheers

Tom

#3 ·
If it is a Bose stereo then it should be written of almost everything that was upgraded.

Bose stereos are fitted to certain Audis so may well go straight into a golf.

The standard golf stereo is alright but Bose is a very expensive make so if you've got that as an upgrade you should be very happy.

#9 ·
Lucky s.......[;)] I've taken a year to upgrade mine.... [:I][/grumble]

My Merc had the Bose upgarde and it was the whole shooting match, factory fit sub under one seat, amp under the other and all speakers upgraded. VW isn't listed on the Bose website, so whislt there's no doubt yours is upgraded, I think it's unlikely it's Bose stuff unless it's come from an A3 or TT or suchlike..? I shouldn't worry what it is - if it sounds better then crank it up and enjoy!!

#12 ·
you can get a speaker upgrade from the dealers as a retail accesery. I have a BOSE system on my S3. it says bose on the screen when you turn the cd player on. plus all the spakers have bose on them and there is a bose sub in the cubby hole of the boot. a very nice sound imo

#16 ·
Quote: posted by flyfs6 on 14/02/2005 16:31:21

Ian, course your S3 has that. Audi do Bose sound pack.

Ton I think you've got the VW DSP sound pack in yours.

No subs, just an amp/processor and control with uprated speakers.

yep your right. i was only trying to help. the bose is not standard in the audi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.