Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Fancy doing the bora vent mod but cant find them anywhere in breaker yards or ebay. Does anyone have any for sale??? Will pay good money but not the good money that VW charge. I have seen the how to's on here but it seems a little tricky so any help wud be welcomed. Please PM me if you wanna sell.
Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It roughly came to about £95.00, i didnt hang around very long to get an accurate price. The guy at the dealers told me to go to euro car parts in manchester so off i went but they said i can only buy them from VW dealers.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Dan you will also need the loom to get the Bora vents to light up..

Ive got the vents in my MK4 which i hope to sell this weekend, if i get the time i might swap them back to standard.

I'll let you know if i have taken them off my car. Maybe do a deal.

Are you getting the W8 light aswell, runs off the same loom.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers mate ill def have them off you if you take them out, you are welcoem to have mine as part of the deal. I may sound thick here but what is the W8 light?
Cheers Curley

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers for that curley but i dont see what the difference would be!!!! I think i'll give that one a miss but i really want the bora vents off you, i'm not too far away from you either!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi DanDaTdi man, if your going to go thru all that with the bora vents install it would DEFO DEFO be a very good purchase as it lights up like the bora vents and it lights up your gear stick area very nicely and i will assure you, you wouldnt be dissapointed.......

well thats my opinion! everyone to there own i guess!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi DanDaTdi man, if your going to go thru all that with the bora vents install it would DEFO DEFO be a very good purchase as it lights up like the bora vents and it lights up your gear stick area very nicely and i will assure you, you wouldnt be dissapointed.......

Thanks for the advice mate, i am sort of coming round to the idea but im not the best at electrics and wiring so thats whats putting me off. Its a shame you cant pay people of here to come and do little mods like this for you. I wud love to see some pics of the bora light at night!!!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thanks for the advice mate, i am sort of coming round to the idea but im not the best at electrics and wiring so thats whats putting me off. Its a shame you cant pay people of here to come and do little mods like this for you. I wud love to see some pics of the bora light at night!!!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
530 Posts
just read above about the W8 lights being 40-50 sheets off ebay, i have just ordered the light and extra bits to make loom from my local VW dealer and costing me £36, for once the dealer is cheaper than ebay.

Thought id let you all know

Noel

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hi DanDaTdi, i have a url: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dgace/w8_inner_light.htm that will show the jist of the install with some pics that may twist your arm in an install,also got alot of useful guides.

If needs be im not far from Bolton myself, but near Leeds depends what you think is a good ride or not.......

cheers
So what do you recon, i go buy the light and loom from VW and we cud get together to fit it? I'll drive your way. I dont feel confident messing with this sort of stuff, it was bad enough fitting my sat nav and cd changer. Let me know Sheiky

1 - 20 of 27 Posts