Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anybody have the complete list of part numbers so i can do the vent mod. The instructions would be really helpfull too Thanks [:D]

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
the search button does work y'know!

a few presses of b o r a v e n t s into the search box gave me this:

1J2 819 704 E 2AQ - Air Vent
1J2 819 703 E 2AQ - Air Vent
1J0 819 728 E 2AQ - Air Vent
1J2 819 186 A - Frame
1J0 819 197 A - Frame
1J0 806 569 - Spacer
1J0 806 570 - Spacer

and a how to is http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.barbaro/how%20to%20-%20bora%20vents.pdf

right click save as

HTH, next time do a search!

jammy

·
Registered
637 Posts
You don;t need all of them!

The Bora Vents kit (which we supply :) ) is 5 parts, 3 vents and 2 frames - nothing more and nothing less

Give us a shout if you want some we hold them in stock

Cheers
C

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Out of curiosity why does shaq never post any prices up on the forum? Im guessing there is a good reason but it looks a little dodgy to me in a way - I have bought stuff from in the past from him and everything has been perfect at a good price - what is there to hide?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Shaq. Can you PM me a price for full Bora Vent Kit please? Cheers in advance
Ditto that, please PM price and would also like to know if the plug & play wiring loom RallyChris used to make is still available. David

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Out of curiosity why does shaq never post any prices up on the forum? Im guessing there is a good reason but it looks a little dodgy to me in a way - I have bought stuff from in the past from him and everything has been perfect at a good price - what is there to hide?
Ive always been curious about this too, not just shaq, but alot of other people do this too! [:S] DO some people receive more discount then others? I cant see another reason for it...[:|]

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Ive always been curious about this too, not just shaq, but alot of other people do this too! [:S] DO some people receive more discount then others? I cant see another reason for it...[:|]
Its all about undercutting each other

·
Registered
159 Posts
Received quotes for the bora vents today through partsgateway.co.uk & 247spares.co.uk

Bought all five pieces for about ?55 delivered from partsgateway in the end. Not the cheapest I'm sure but still fair? Anyway the supplier (can't remember name but based in Nottingham) offered a 90 day warranty so if they are dodgy in any way I can return them for a refund.

Thought I'd post this for anyone also looking to do the mod. Definitely worth looking on these websites before turning to the stealers IMHO.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just installed the bora vents today according to the instructions provided on

http://www.golfmk4.co.uk/bora_vent_install.htm

Everything went well except for the fact that the illuminated icons on the vents do not dim with other parts of the car when adjustment is made using the dimmer control on the light switch. Is this the way it's suppose to be or have I done something wrong? Btw was using the ChrisRally plug & play wiring loom for the installation. Comments will be much appreciated! Regards, D

·
Registered
3,041 Posts

Everything went well except for the fact that the illuminated icons on the vents do not dim with other parts of the car when adjustment is made using the dimmer control on the light switch. Is this the way it's suppose to be or have I done something wrong? Btw was using the ChrisRally plug & play wiring loom for the installation. Comments will be much appreciated! Regards, D
you've wired 'em wrong by sounds of it, mine all dim! i didn't use the wiring looms you've bought, just spliced into existing! easier, i'm never taking them out again!

jammy

·
Registered
159 Posts

you've wired 'em wrong by sounds of it, mine all dim! i didn't use the wiring looms you've bought, just spliced into existing! easier, i'm never taking them out again!

jammy
Hi, thanks for the reply. Yeah after some research it seems the dimming lead on the dimmer switch is the blue/grey one and the non-dimming lead is blue. Should be a simple swap then, will try tmr and hopefully get the vents and the w8 lights dimming with rest of the cabin!

·
Registered
341 Posts
reviving an old thread, but anyone know if these part no's are still correct and a rough price you can expect to pay?

1J2 819 704 E 2AQ - Air Vent
1J2 819 703 E 2AQ - Air Vent
1J0 819 728 E 2AQ - Air Vent
1J2 819 186 A - Frame
1J0 819 197 A - Frame
1J0 806 569 - Spacer
1J0 806 570 - Spacer

1 - 20 of 22 Posts