Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know the main differences between the Boras with the PD130 engine?...

...1.9 TDi ST.....1.9 TDi SE.....1.9TDi Sport.....

I think they all have lower insurance groups than the Golf PD130, but im not too sure about the Sport 130?

Are the ST & SE similar? Is the suspension the only change on the Sport model?

Sorry about all the questions! [:S]

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for that!

Probably best to go for the SE model with cheaper insurance than the sport and a pretty damn good spec list!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought an ST last week. Group 8, i would recommend the model. It has carbon fibre on the interior and audi tt style chrome bits around the dash and the dials. The SE's i have seen have nasty wood instead! Oh and ive got rain sensors etc which are cool.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yup the wheels are the weakness but easier to change them than the interior and dials etc. In any case if you want 17 or 18 inch wheels anyway then its irrelevant, im changing mine next week.

·
Registered
293 Posts
lol, fair point. what about the interior though? ive not actually sat in it myself, just seen pictures. is it nice enough, or would you have preferred the velour?

·
Registered
25 Posts
The interior is brilliant, very classy , sporty and modern. Better than velour! Mine is Primero Flock interior. Will take pics shortly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Possibly the best thing I have EVER bought was the remap last weekend. This car is sooooo powerful now. And before this I had a 200bhp FTO, this car rocks. Its like a caged tiger, almost too much torque for the current tyre size! The power since the remap is addictive and feels just amazing.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Of ST/SE/Sport, the SE probably has the most toys - ST a lot less and
Sport only one or two extra bits. Wood is Sport/V5/V6 only, if an SE
has wood trim the owner did it! See www.borabase.com

·
Registered
293 Posts
wood is sport only, correct. se has aluminium effect. sport also has cd changer, fog lights + sports seats over the se.

thud; not sure about this re-map banter myself, surely its putting excessive stress on vital components that weren't built to withstand 200hp?

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanx for all the info/links guys! Definitely will look at changing wheels if i get one!

...then maybe an Oettinger body-kit?...then a re-map! [:D]

Being a young driver i think the insurance on the Sport model will push me towards an SE or ST.

·
Registered
293 Posts
it depends on insurance companies. i can get insured on all three for the same price, its just a case of finding the right sport- which is proving difficult.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts