Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm new and looking to buy a bora tdi. I've found one I like but it's bog standard with steel rims.

I am looking to get it lowered and add some alloys but unsure on the best setup on a budget.

Im thinking of getting 40mm eibach springs and some tt competition wheels. Does anyone know if this will look any good. Or is there a better drop I can achieve at roughly the same budget...?

Pictures welcome!

thanks. Martin.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
A lot of people use the jom coilies as they're super cheap but it depends on your taste and comfort needs. I personally went with a 35mm drop with 17's on the golf and I'm loving it, I also need to traverse some pretty bad roads so need the height but then I'm also getting older and wanting more comfort lol.

Anyway your option so far sounds good to me, a little lowered and some nice wheels really make these cars so much better imo.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah thanks for the reply.

You got any pictures?

The car im looking at is a 99 Bora 1.9 Tdi 110 SE - does anyone know anything about these cars inparticular? What would a 40mm drop look like?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Coilovers as above Jom's or Fk's are under £200. Which is a bargain. And you can get your self a nice set of oem audi wheels for under 200 quid. If you are looking to "slam" your car , Then I would change the ARB too To an TT mk1 / R32 / Etc

Pepper

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey pepper thanks. Your car sold it to me lol. Decided to go for a bora. Even though this one in particular has steel rims and is jacked up with standard suspension it looks pretty poor. But springs / coils and wheels will change it completely.

I'm not looking to slam it just make it sit nice rather than 3ft off the floor lol.

Does anyone have any pictures of a bora on 17s with 40mm drop? Thanks.

·
Registered
414 Posts
JOMs are £150 on here at the moment with DPM. Ride ain't too bad for the price. Unless you want to go silly low.

Rockin the steelies is probably a good thing in this weather bud. New wheels are easy to get, plenty of oem wheels on the bay ready to be snapped up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.